Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Field Service Tech, Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
- Provide direction and assistance to work groups to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning and support in preparation of detailed work scope for the different site outages.
- Provide general technical direction and assistance to customers in the operation, maintenance, repair, safe handling and installation of BKR products on a regularly basis with our customers.
- Advise and counsel customer personnel about testing, adjustment, programming and other similar services as agreed upon with customer's technical assistance team.
- Provide technical assistance through on-site guidance and training in operations, maintenance, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Conduct detailed maintenance planning, pre-Outage, Outage and post-Outage planning activities jointly and in conjunction with the customers.
- Assist customers in scheduling maintenance and workload assuring that equipment and parts requirements meet established schedules.
- Make recommendations on findings, reviewing effectiveness of maintenance actions to identify future needs, as well as assisting with implementations of any recommendations.
- Use initiative and experience to interpret and communicate significant market intelligence and sales opportunities for both assigned programs and ongoing customer support.
- Supervise the installation, calibration and set up of instruments.
- Work with site teams to develop maintenance schedules to optimize Units reliability and availability.
- Lead and execute unit start-up and performance tests ensuring proper and safe operation of the machine by evaluating the running parameters and troubleshoot control system problem as they arise.
- Maintain a maintenance history for the Units.
- In conjunction customer and site team, perform the on-Site inspection of all Instrument related Parts (new, used or refurbished) for completeness, correct execution against drawings, damage, etc. and making storage and preservation recommendations.
- Ensure all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company Environmental Health and Safety guidelines and procedures.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Highschool Diploma and relevant work experience
- At least 5+ years of experience in field service or maintenance position (engineering and instrumentation)
- Ability to understand and implement technical drawings (wiring diagram, P&ID, General Arrangement, etc.)
- Strong knowledge in rotating equipment instrumentation philosophy (Gas Turbine and Compressors) and their auxiliaries.
- Strong knowledge in field devices, instruments and actuators.
- Strong knowledge on Engineering, Electrical and Instrumentation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness and availability to travel worldwide 80% of the time (on and offshore).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proficiency using excel and MS office.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Strong customer service mindset
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.