Skills: Technical Writing
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kochi, Kerala, India
Baker Hughes has a new opportunity for a Senior Technical Writer to join the team in Kochi, India who will be responsible for working independently on technical writing projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to produce high-quality documentation.
- Will contribute to larger team on projects as needed.
- Responsible for working independently on information development projects.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to produce high-quality content.
- Contributes to larger team on projects as needed.
- Outstanding writing skills, namely a command of grammar, syntax, diction, and the conventions and best practices of writing a variety of technical documents.
- Strong collaboration skills: ability to work with a variety of other writers and cross-functional peers easily.
- Strong knowledge of core technical communication concepts, such as topic-based authoring, minimalism, task-oriented design, single-sourcing.
- Understanding of core information development processes: content planning, content creation, and content review.
- Strong skills in the process of breaking down software processes into tasks necessary to the targeted user and effectively explaining those tasks to the user.
- Ability to understand user profiles and to create content targeted appropriately to meet user goals.
- Basic skills in editing (QA for documentation) - ability to recognize errors and opportunities for improvement in a variety of information deliverables.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in technical writing or Masters degree with 3 years of experience with technical writing performance
- Experience working on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using language of choice
- Basic awareness of the major aspects of software design, development, and QA and ability to leverage this understanding to inform execution for information development projects.
- Basic domain and product knowledge, including appropriate terminology, with an awareness of Baker Hughes - Digital product line(s) and offerings.
- Awareness of how Baker Hughes Digital drives value to its customers and how the information development function fits into Baker Hughes Digitals overall business strategy.
- Strong ability to collaborate with subject matter experts to research a software product, determine functionality and design features, then communicate those effectively to the user.
- Strong skills with the authoring tools used by the information development teams.
- Ability to understand and follow established information patterns to create a wide variety of information deliverables.
- Fundamental project management skills: ability to broadly estimate scope, ability to work to deadlines.
- Fundamental understanding of Lean/Agile/XP software development processes, their application to Baker Hughes projects, and how to follow processes for information development.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.