Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Skills: Accounting, Business Analyst, Financial Analyst
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Responsible for accounting activities across the enterprise, whether embedded in BU, in Corp, or FSS.
Chevron Holdings Inc. (CHI) is a pioneer and leading multi-function Shared Services Center in the Philippines located in Makati City. With a workforce of more than 1,000, CHI delivers business services and solutions in areas such as finance, human resources, procurement, sales and marketing support and information technology.
Chevron is accepting online applications for Finance Analyst, Intercompany Equity & Subsidiary .
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform the following major core intercompany equity and subsidiary processes of the team using both for SAP and JDE systems.
- Intercompany loan accounting which includes monitoring and computation of loan amortization, review of loan agreements, and settlement of interest and principal. Booking of intercompany investing and financing activities which include coordination of booking with trading partner companies and Comptroller.
- Monitoring and accounting for the in-house short term money market investment house
- Balance Sheet and Income Statement analysis
- Preparation of various year-end and ad hoc reporting requirements as needed.
- Booking of entries in SAP of Intercompany investing and financing activities using JDE system.
- Monthly XR reconciliation and analysis of all Intercompany loans, multi-co investment fund, investment and capital balances of handled Chevron companies. This includes trace and escalation of imbalances for resolution and matching and clearing of open items in XR.
- Quarterly accounts reconciliation and analysis of Intercompany loans, multi-co investment fund, investment and capital GL accounts in accordance with Accounts Reconciliation standards . This includes trace and escalation of reconciling items, peer review of accounts and reporting.
- Support other Intercompany activities with customers and trading partner companies.
- Demonstrate process leadership by providing guidance to customers or trading partner company contacts on global Intercompany guidelines and policies and process standards.
- Initiate and participate in process improvement efforts. Work to eliminate, streamline, standardize and automate own processes and processes within the team to improve efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Practice fiduciary role by safeguarding company's assets and taking ownership of own process.
- Follow proper procedures and controls to maintain accounting records that comply with GAAP, regulatory requirements, and Chevron's accounting policies.
- Meet all requirements of Corporate Compliance functions including but not limited to Internal Controls, Information Protection, Conflict of Interest, and Environmental, Fire, Safety, and Health.
- Coordinate special projects and other ad hoc roles as assigned.
- Perform other administrative functions as required.
- Relevant accounting work experience, knowledge of intercompany processes, investing and financing activities, and variance reporting & analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Accounting Proficiency: Proficient in understanding and applying accounting policies and corporate guidelines
- Analytical: Capable of identifying all aspects of a problem and understanding why a problem exists; providing a solution
- Technical: Demonstrate ability to manipulate data with Excel or other applications/tools and apply results to Financial ERP modules (i.e. SAP)
- Communication: Proven ability to listen carefully and use clear, concise oral and written skills to convey facts and present positions
- Managing Performance: Display initiative and leadership in handling multiple job responsibilities, setting priorities, maintaining a high level of accomplishment, and implementing process improvements
Why join Chevron:
- Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies and has been doing business in the Philippines for more than 100 years
- Chevron offersa competitive package and an opportunity to extend operational support for Chevron offices in five continents
- Chevron provides career development opportunities to all employees through onboarding, training and development, mentoring, volunteering opportunities and employee networking groups
- Chevron is proudly recognized as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity, inclusion and a commitment to equal employment opportunity
- Chevron operates with the highest ethical standards and place the highest priority on the safety and health of its workforce and the protection of communities and the environment
- Chevron advocates work-life balance,promotesa healthy behavior in the workplace, and offers employees access to various health and wellness programs
- Chevron supports a work-from-home arrangement during the COVID-19 pandemic, subject to operational needs
Recruitment Process and Onboarding during COVID 19 pandemic
HR initial phone screening, virtual panel interview, job offer, medical assessment, onboarding and orientation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.