Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Accounting, IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
The Sr. Manager of Financial Applications at Halliburton is a high profile role responsible for application support and delivery across the F&A, Tax & Real Estate organizations, including General Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Audit, Credit & Collections, Real Estate and Travel. Strong skills in the areas of organization, leadership, business acumen, and communication are essential for the fulfillment of the following activities.
- Portfolio management for approximately 70 on-premise and cloud applications
- Demand management, customer advocacy, and business alignment to understand business' strategic drivers, identify requirements, evaluate IT solutions, develop technology roadmaps, and ensure that projects align with technology strategy & business goals
- Primary point of contact up to Senior VP level of internal customers
- Leadership of a team of 50 employee or contractor resources directly or through managers and team leads
- Management of annual budget with monthly forecasting/analysis
- Delivery of several concurrent projects in the designated area totaling about $10M annually, including major SAP implementations; oversight of project deliverables, scope, budget, and timeline, in collaboration with project managers
- Support of the Finance and Accounting organization globally during month-end close including management of the close schedule, coordination of close-related activities, and communication to IT and business leadership
- Vendor relationship management, including negotiation of license and maintenance agreements and statements of work with IT vendors, in partnership with IT Procurement
- Situation/crisis management, as needed for critical situations
- Creation and analysis of operations metrics reporting monthly
- Collaboration across all other IT teams, including other application areas, architecture, security, etc.
- Direction/mentoring for employee development plans, annual reviews and succession management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Finance
- 10+ years post-collegiate work experience in building financial systems /delivering financial solutions and establishing operational processes around systems
- 7+ years as a leader in an IT department with increasing roles of responsibility preferred
- 5+ years of experience in SAP ERP financial modules preferred
- Proven experience in strategic planning and execution, combined with strong organizational skills and business acumen
- Subject matter expert of Finance functions, including GAAP and IFRS accounting, tax, and financial reporting, and month-end close support
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 89127
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Information Technology
Product Service Line: Information Technology
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.