Skills: Driller, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
Provides division and district line management personnel the support and technical assistance needed for administration of and compliance with the company's health, safety, environmental program. The HSE Supervisor primary roll is accident prevention (75% of work schedule) with minor activities to include post-accident case control (case management). Extensive travel is required and frequent overnight stays will be necessary. The HSE Supervisor is on 24-hour call and it may be necessary to work on some weekends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supports and assists line management in the implementation of NDUSA's HSE policies and programs.
• Coordinates the overall HSE effort in the district.
• Conducts and/or assists Drilling Superintendent with work site hazard assessment (Health, Safety, and Environmental inspection), identifies unsafe conditions and/or unsafe behaviors, provides recommendations for corrective action to district line management, and informs Sr. QHSE Manager, of action taken to eliminate work site hazards.
• Conducts and/or assists with employee training programs to include Job Safety Training (JST's) - at least six per year. Participates in Rig Managers meetings - at least quarterly, audits rig site safety/training meetings - at least one per week by Rig Managers/Driller, and supervisory training as needed.
• Conducts audits of all district level training to ensure compliance with company procedure and/or policy.
• Audits employee training frequency and coordinates safety programs approved by the company (i.e. Job Safety analysis, Job Safety Training, STOP, Rig Management meetings, etc.) To provide feedback and recommendations for improvement to district line management and Sr. QHSE Manager.
• Responds to accidents, environmental events and regulatory issues (e.g. OSHA, EPA, etc.) and is the primary liaison with the Houston corporate HSE Department.
• Assists the District Management in conducting incident investigations related to at work injuries, environmental damage, and equipment damage. Provides recommendations for preventative measures to district line management and Sr. QHSE Manager.
• Coordinates the collection and/or testing for the presence of drugs (legal or illegal) and/or alcohol per company policy. Informs management of results and maintains statistical data.
• Maintains safety and training data including regulatory required forms and reports (e.g. OSHA 300, Tier II, etc.). Provides appropriate information internally, to customers and regulatory agencies upon request.
• Coordinates with appropriate state agency and/or company approved adjuster with regard to Workers Compensation for employees injured on-the-job.
• Coordinates with Director HR, and company legal personnel regarding personnel issues and litigation when required.
• Attends pertinent seminars and stays abreast of regulatory matters, e.g. EPA, OSHA, State or Federal standards, etc.
• Draft Safety Alerts for submittal to the corporate HSE team in a timely manner.
• May occasionally be required to perform other related tasks not listed.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Two or four year technical degree preferred. Engineering or technical.
• 5 or more years in the drilling and/or related industry with a general knowledge of drilling equipment and operations.
• Must be familiar with federal and state regulations especially pertaining to safety, and environmental.
• Must be able to travel to work sites within the district and/or other areas.
• Must be able to communicate with upper management as well as rig/field personnel.
• Must possess good writing skills and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Must be able to communicate well with customer contacts.
• Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs