Join our growing team
Our Oilfield Services business provides intelligent, connected technologies to drill and monitor wells to aid our customer in energy extraction efforts. We provide customers with the peace of mind needed to reliably and efficiently improve their operations. Our team provides efficient drilling services for our customers. We drill the wellbore for our customers while providing valuable formation evaluation information.
Partner with the bestRole Summary:
As a Field Supervisor, you will be technically challenged in every aspect of the job - you will need to be able to think on your feet when you are drilling and evaluating a well. You have to listen to what the well is telling you - it is not a 9-5 job; it is a living breathing role. Working with well site leader (the customer) in active discussions about pre-planning and execution activities. You are the face of BH at the well site. Off-shore (helicopter/boat rides to another location) not a boring commute.
You will be the onsite expert, continually developing your knowledge and skills to deliver innovative solutions for customers. As a LWD (Logging While Drilling) Field Supervisor you will be responsible for providing LWD solutions at well sites. Working under general supervision, you will collaborate with the Directional Drilling team, utilizing computers to perform well site surveys and monitor well sensors during the drilling process.Essential Responsibilities:
- Acting as the primary point of contact and trusted advisor to customers to build relationships and customer success
- Providing technical guidance to customers and cross-functional teams at wellsites for wellbore activities
- Providing instruction, mentoring and supervision to junior field engineers on day-to-day wellsite work and activities
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide support for execution and delivery of successful customer projects and requirements
- Creating innovative and technically sound resolutions to a diverse scope and range of complex problems at the wellsite
- Following company and regulatory quality and Environment, Health and Safety standards to ensure an interdependent safety culture
Fuel your passionQualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or demonstrate equivalent, professional work experience
- 3-5 years of related experience, energy background - LWD background
- Demonstrate a solid working knowledge of LWD principals gained in an energy environment
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of operations with remote assistance
- Be fluent in English (verbal and written) and have excellent all-round communication skills
- Demonstrate good computer skills and be familiar with MS Office packages
- Be able to adapt to working in challenging working conditions and environments
- Demonstrate experience in providing advice and direction to third party colleagues and customers at the well-site as appropriate
- Be a self-starter, proactively taking the initiative to identify and solve problems
- Be able to travel at short notice to potentially global offshore locations (70%)
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- This role is working with our customers on-site in offshore locations across the world. When onsite, you will work in line with customer and rotation working patterns. When this is complete, we offer you the opportunity to take adequate leave before you take on your next rotation.
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!
Location: Broussard, LAAbout Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.