Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Field Service Tech, Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
- Provide direction and assistance to work groups in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Provide general technical direction and assistance to customers in the operation, maintenance, repair, safe handling and installation of GE products.
- Provide assessment about parts storage and maintenance and make necessary storage preservation recommendation
- Conduct maintenance planning, pre-Outage, Outage and post-Outage planning activities.
- Assist the customers with regular reviews of maintenance activities.
- Respond to the Customer's technical inquiries utilizing internal technical support services if necessary.
- Provide information regarding the latest advancements in Conversion, Modification and Upgrades (CM&U) opportunities to the customer and assist with implementations of any recommendations.
- Work with the customer's site teams to develop maintenance schedules, which optimize Covered Unit reliability and availability.
- In conjunction with Owner and Resident Material Manager, perform the on-Site inspection of all mechanical Parts (new, used or refurbished) for completeness, correct execution against drawings, damage, etc.
- Assist customers in scheduling maintenance and workload assuring that equipment and parts requirements meet established schedules.
- Carry out borescope inspections, both routine and during any required investigations.
- Ensure all in-field activities carried out safely complying with company Environmental Health and Safety guidelines and procedures. Provide direction and assistance to work groups to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Highschool Diploma and relevant work experience
- At least 4+ years of experience in field service or maintenance position.
- Ability to understand and implement technical drawings (Mechanical drawings, P&ID, General Arrangement, etc.)
- Strong knowledge in maintenance procedures for GE Aero Derivate Gas turbines and their auxiliaries (LM2500)
- Strong knowledge in Gas turbines commissioning, troubleshooting and operation.
- Strong knowledge in field devices, instruments, motors and actuators.
- Good knowledge on Antisurge Control (CCC), Bentley Nevada System 1, Fire and Gas System.
- Experience leading people and crews for site activities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness and availability to travel worldwide 80% of the time.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Proficiency using excel and MS office.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Strong customer service mindset
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.