Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Business Development, Mud Engineer / Drilling Fluids, Workover or Completion
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
The position of Senior Drilling and Completion Fluids Applications Engineer for North America Onshore, will ensure Baker Hughes can deliver flawless execution of systems and technology through involvement in pre-planning and delivering a technical job program that maximizes our opportunity to meet the partner and customer objectives. This position works seamlessly together with Service Delivery and other resources across organizational boundaries to ensure all aspects and constraints of the application are understood and have been considered.
- Ensure compliance with Manage the Job Cycle (MtJC) process
- Work with the Service Delivery and Sales team to understand partner and customer well construction or production objectives.
- Perform offset well/similar job analysis to understand application hazards and incident potential
- Work together with all disciplines and stakeholders to ensure all aspects and constraints of the application and suggested products/services has been considered
- Design a fluids job program, including risk mitigation plans and contingency plan, that can meet the customer's objective and maximize revenue potential for future opportunities for Baker Hughes.
- Work with the Service Delivery / Sales team to ensure any risk of meeting the customer's objective is communicated to the client using the appropriate channels/processes for the respective client
- Accurately document any calculations/simulations/plan revision and/or changes during the project cycles for visibility to dependent teams and audit purposes
- Provide on-demand support in accordance with product portfolio or on-call schedule for job execution
- Compare job as-planned versus job as-executed and document any lessons learned to ensure opportunity for continuous improvement
- Work on Field Incidents related to products/services
- Participate in Incident Investigation when required, ensuring end to end process, from job planning, preparation, and execution is considered to determine the incident root cause and drive appropriate corrective actions
- Ensure timely incident management to enable fast customer issue resolution and cash collection
- Advise on product improvement opportunities for repetitive component/product failures
- Responsible for providing sales support and product application recommendations
- Product line specific responsibilities as applicable
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant drilling and completion fluids work experience in North America Land
- Excellent leadership, strong interpersonal, influencing and planning skills
- Ability to manage, develop, coach and mentor teams across organizational boundaries
- Ability to be on call outside of normal business hours
- Demonstrate ability to work in a global matrix organization
- Thorough understanding of drilling & completion fluids and technical job planning requirements
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have the ability to travel (typically travel to rig sites, customer facilities, meetings, etc.)
- Significant operational experience with Baker Hughes Products and Systems
- Comfortable presenting in front of an audience of experienced peers
- Rig site drilling optimization experience is a definite plus
- Ability to learn and use various computer tools to prepare data and visualizations for analysis
- Ability to work independently
- Chemical Engineer Degree preferred
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.