Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Camp Araijan, Kuwait
Jacobs is looking for a Security Admin Support Specialist to provide administrative support in the development, implementation, and administration of internal facility security functions including maintaining customer security requirements. Analyzes security documents and manuals under direction of the MOG Director of Security Operations and maintains appropriate levels of controls. May perform periodic security inspections and processes documentation for requests for clearances/special accesses and debriefing/terminations of such special access.
• Creates and distributes security manuals, documents, and records. Maintains facility security requirements and implements procedures for safeguarding proprietary and customer furnished data.
• May perform periodic and random security inspections and prepares security reports as necessary. Issues security violation citations as required by inspections.
• Maintains inspection reports and records and advises MOG Security Manager of deficiencies. Suggests remedial/disciplinary efforts to ameliorate deficiencies.
• Prepares personnel actions and forms to request security clearance/special access and maintains records of such requests. Briefs incoming staff on security processes and debriefs outgoing staff.
• Maintains procedures on handling, safeguarding and destruction of documents and data in accordance with established processes and appropriate timelines.
• Conducts security awareness training sessions with new staff.
• Assists in the implementation and administration of automated security systems. Maintains records for periodic secure systems inspections with customer liaisons and other technical professionals.
• Uses Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), Electronic Questionnaire for Investigation Processing (EQIP), and other security software in the performance of assigned duties.
• Assists with badging new hires and employees to ensure perimeter control compliance.
• Assists in the management of security efforts of multiple task orders/contracts servicing various customers at numerous locations, each with its own unique security challenges. Requires the ability to implement established security processes to attain both short and long term organizational objectives.
• Interacts with the personnel and makes daily use of the material and equipment resources necessary for the conduct of critical organizational security functions.
• Requires two (2) years of college with courses in business administration, industrial management, or appropriate discipline, and six (6) years progressive experience, or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of security management, administrative practices, security preventative practices, investigatory practices, and related legal responsibilities.
• Knowledge of customer security requirements and incident investigation.
• Ability to develop records systems, reports, and secure system processing requirements.
Must be able to sit at a computer for extended periods.
Regular Office/Cubicle environment
Equipment and Machines
Computer (90%); General Office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times to ensure response to customer requirements (100%). Work, including overtime, may be required after hours and on weekends, and sometimes on short notice.
Other Essential Functions
Must take and pass a drug test and background check. Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance necessary for position. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be willing and able to travel as-needed.