Camp Araijan, Kuwait
Camp Araijan, Kuwait
Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Camp Araijan, Kuwait
This position is contingent upon award of task order to Jacobs.
Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) management professional to support the 160th Signal Brigade's Operation, Maintenance, and Defense of Army Communications in Southwest Asia and Central Asia contract. Your career at Jacobs enables 160th Signal Brigade to fulfill its mission to support of the US Army Central (ARCENT) and U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) mission for their areas of responsibility and to defend the United States and its allies. As a member of our team, you will support Team Jacobs as we partner with military and civilian members to provide world-class IT & Cyber services and support that connects over 80,000 users and warfighters in the areas of network services, cyber security, end-user computing, service desk, and enterprise & mission systems across the Southwest Asia and Central Asia AORs.
The Network Administrator would provide administration and support of a critical enterprise service. Stay informed of emerging threats, preventive and defensive measures available with the current solution and configurations. Maintain the health and patching of the proxy solution. Provide daily updates and briefings and written weekly reports and metrics.
Individuals interested in a Network Security Administrator position require a strong technical background, including a working knowledge of network management protocols, networking architecture, authentication practices, and security administration. It is important that candidates keep abreast of industry security trends and developments, as well as applicable government regulations. They also should have excellent troubleshooting and communication skills.
• Implementing network security policies and procedures
• Administering and maintaining firewalls
• Managing, monitoring and updating malware prevention systems
• Monitoring security advisory groups to ensure all necessary network security updates, patches and preventive measures are in place
• Preventing and detecting intrusion
• Performing intrusion detection analysis
• Managing web proxy appliances
• Creation and modification of custom SNORT Rules for IDS architecture
• Support architecture and infrastructure for web proxy appliances
• Develop and update documentation for processes and technical guides
• Support a critical enterprise service
Required Years of Experience: 8
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon maintaining required certifications
• DOD 8570 IAT Level II or higher
• Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Work assignments vary based on client requirements. Position may require night and weekend work.
• Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 50 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
• General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment. Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
• Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
• On-Call or after hours' support may be required
• Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
• Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
• The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.