Camp Araijan, Kuwait
Camp Araijan, Kuwait
Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Camp Araijan, Kuwait
We are actively searching for qualified candidates for this opportunity. We are currently identifying candidates for this effort. This requisition is contingent upon award of contract to Jacobs.
Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the 160th Signal Brigade's Operation, Maintenance, and Defense of Army Communications in Southwest Asia and Central Asia (OMDAC-SWACA) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables 160th Signal Brigade to fulfill its mission to support of the US Army Central (ARCENT) and U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) mission for their areas of responsibility and to defend the United States and its allies. As a member of our team, you will support Team Jacobs as we partner with military and civilian members to provide world-class IT & Cyber services and support that connects over 80,000 users and warfighters in the areas of network services, cyber security, end-user computing, service desk, and enterprise & mission systems across the Southwest Asia and Central Asia AORs.
Manage and support Region-wide Army network assets, Installation Information Assurance Architecture (I2A2) security elements, and critical systems and services within the 160th Central Command AOR. Support functions include shift scheduling, personnel management, and training management. Ensure contractor tasks are completed within deadlines, tasking guidance from the Government is clear and unambiguous, contract personnel are qualified to perform tasks, and potential personnel problems are pre-empted. Establish and implement streamlined processes and procedures for enabling the Contractor to rapidly respond to surge requirements for increased contractor personnel. Directly responsible for the security, availability, and reliability of IT services throughout the 160th Signal Brigade AOR. Directs subordinate NOSC locations in supporting local IT services within configuration and control standards. Acts as the authoritative Cyber agent for 160th Signal Brigade IT services. Direct daily operations of the SWACC by analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards, and setting deadlines. Assign and review the work of network personnel. Implement Continuity of Operations (COOP) plans, determine future operational capability requirements, and oversee installation of HW/SW to meet requirements. Plan, assess, and manage network risks, escalations, and problem resolutions. Develop disaster recovery protocols and support typical emergency shutdown procedures. Strong network troubleshooting, process flow, and communication skills are required. Experience with or strong understanding of IT networks, routers, switches, servers, VMWare, security, wireless, VoIP highly desirable. Must have experience designing, developing, and implementing service management best practices for the service lifecycle, business process modeling, IM/IT, network operations center, help desk operations, and telecommunications/information processing, IT networking (LAN/WAN), messaging services, configuration management, and maintenance support.
Typical duties include:
• Operations management of shifts and teams of personnel supporting RCC operations
• Developing, mentoring, training and managing personnel
• Coordinating with other RCCs or IT service centers as necessary to support operations and administrative functions
• Coordinate and engage with government POCs
Required Clearance: Secret
Educational Requirements: None
• A minimum of eight years of IT operations and maintenance support
• Four years of experience in a lead or supervisory role
• 4 years operating a Network Operations Security Center (NOSC) or similar responsibilities
• DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II or higher
• MCSA or CCNA required within 6 months of start
• ITIL Foundations (v3) certification is desired
• Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
• Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
• Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
• Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
• Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
• May require climbing, working at heights and in small confined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets and server racks. Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperature than standard office environmental conditions. Lift and transport equipment up to 50 pounds.
Equipment and Machines
• General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
• Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
• Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders and test equipment.
• May require operating motor vehicles.
• Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
• It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
• You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise
• You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
• Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions
• Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
• Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
• Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels.
• Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
• The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.