Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Camp Araijan, Kuwait
We are actively searching for qualified candidates for this opportunity. We are currently identifying candidates for this effort. This requisition is contingent upon award of contract to Jacobs.
Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) management professional to support the 160th Signal Brigade's Operation, Maintenance, and Defense of Army Communications in Southwest Asia and Central Asia (OMDAC-SWACA) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables 160th Signal Brigade to fulfill its mission to support of the US Army Central (ARCENT) and U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) mission for their areas of responsibility and to defend the United States and its allies. As a member of our team, you will support Team Jacobs as we partner with military and civilian members to provide world-class IT & Cyber services and support that connects over 80,000 users and warfighters in the areas of network services, cyber security, end-user computing, service desk, and enterprise & mission systems across the Southwest Asia and Central Asia AORs.
Ensure that Contractor tasks are completed within the deadlines, contract personnel are qualified to perform the task, and potential personnel problems are pre-empted within the country designated. Consult and coordinate with the appropriate site leads for problem resolution, task scheduling, new resource requirements, training needs, and task clarification. Establish and implement streamlined processes and procedures enabling the Contractor to rapidly respond to surge requirements for increased contract personnel. Assure DoD/Army regulations are met. Plan consults with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements. Direct daily operations of AOR by: analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines. Assign and review work of contract workforce within the AOR. Stay abreast of advances in technology. Develop computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery. Review and approve all system charts and programs prior to their implementation. Plan and coordinate activities such as installation and upgrading of hardware and software, programming and system design, development of computer networks, and implementation of Internet and intranet sites. Analyze computer and information needs from an operational and strategic perspective and determine immediate and long-range personnel and equipment requirements. Familiarization with country's local labor laws and practices. Must be knowledgeable and experienced in management of all aspects of communications within their designated AOR. Must have experience designing, developing, and implementing service management best practices for the service lifecycle, business process modeling, IM/IT, network operations center, help desk operations, and telecommunications/information processing, IT networking (LAN/WAN), messaging services, configuration management, and maintenance support.
Typical duties include:
• Business office functions supporting Team Jacobs personnel within AOR
• Working with Site and Other Leads to manage personnel functions and needs
• Working with Kuwait Business Office for financial, business, and personnel actions
• Coordinating and Engaging with other Team Jacobs Country Managers
• Serving as technical SME and O&M expert as needed
Required Clearance: Secret
Educational Requirements: BS degree in an Information Technology (IT) or equivalent degree. Additional experience may be substituted for degree
• Eight (8) years of IT Operations and Maintenance experience
• Four (4) years of IT Operations Management experience
In lieu of a BS Degree:
• Ten (10) years of relevant IT Operations and Maintenance experience and six (6) years of IT Operations Management
Other Technical Requirements:
• Experience with project management software (e.g., MS Project, Primavera) and financial tracking software required
• DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II or higher (Security+)
• ITIL Foundations (v3) certification is desired
• PMI PMP required within 6 months of start
• ITIL Intermediate or higher certification is desired
• Certified IAW TE2, DoD 8570.01-M and DoDD (Department of Defense Directive) 8140.01
• Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
• Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
• Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
• Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
• Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
• May require climbing, working at heights and in small confined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets and server racks. Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperature than standard office environmental conditions. Lift and transport equipment up to 50 pounds.
Equipment and Machines
• General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
• Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
• Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders and test equipment.
• May require operating motor vehicles.
• Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
• It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
• You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise
• You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
• Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions
• Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
• Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
• Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels.
• Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client's standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
• The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.