Camp Araijan, Kuwait
Camp Araijan, Kuwait
Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Camp Araijan, Kuwait
Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to "Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks." As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
PC Technicians need excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as extensive experience with desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity. This position must be customer service-oriented and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of computing resources. PC Technicians may be required to provision and maintain mobile devices (NIPR, SIPR and Gray).
Typical Duties include:
- Installing, configuring and maintaining desktop and laptop PCs, mobile devices and peripherals, such as printers
- Installing and configuring application and operating system software and upgrades
- Troubleshooting and repairing hardware and network connectivity issues
- Removing old equipment and performing data migration to new machines
- Maintaining an inventory of installed software, managing software licensing, and creating policies and procedures for upgrades
- Working with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and ensuring that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule
- Analyzing and making recommendations for hardware and software standardization
Clearance Requirements: TS/SCI
Educational Requirements: None
- DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II or higher
- At least three years of previous experience working as a PC Technician.
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying computer equipment, boxes of supplies or files up to 50 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment. Servers, switches and other computer equipment used to support network operations.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory. Shift Work may be required to support operations. It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
- Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions.
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise (this includes: Contingency operations; Humanitarian or peacekeeping operations; or Other military operations or exercises designated by the Combatant Commander). This performance in support of U.S. military forces may require work in dangerous or austere conditions.
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- Position requires at least 1-year commitment. Early termination or transfer from this position to a CONUS location may result in wage garnishments for relocation, travel and other expenses paid by the company
- Extended Continental and Oversees travel will be required. May be required to attend off site meetings. Must obtain a current passport and applicable visa(s) prior to arrival in country. Must maintain a current passport and applicable visa's in good standing.
Other Essential Functions
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of foreign national, government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Grooming and dress must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.