Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
We are actively searching for qualified candidates for this opportunity. We are currently identifying candidates for this effort. This requisition is contingent upon award of contract to Jacobs.
Typical duties include The Systems Administrator performs tier one and two network support. Candidates must possess strong problem-solving, analytical and communication skills, in addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the Government's systems' hardware and software. Candidate requirements vary depending on system complexity, the types of operating and network systems being supported, and the size of the organization. A background in the specific types of hardware and software systems used by the Government is required. Candidates monitor and control one or more mid-range application servers. The SA studies program operating instructions to determine equipment setup and operations. The SA continuously observes the operation of assigned applications and storage devices to monitor system operation and determines the point of hardware or software failure. The SA manipulates systems in accordance with standard procedures to continue operations when individual units of a system malfunction. The SA confers with software systems engineering or applications programming personnel in the event that errors require a change of instructions or sequences of operations. The SA maintains operating records such as machine performance and production reports.
Typical duties include:
• Installing operating system software, patches, and upgrades
• Analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving system hardware, software, and networking issues
• Configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning, and monitoring operating system software and hardware
• Performing system backups and recovery
• Conducting server builds
• Establishes complex operational databases, software configuration control and system interfaces for computer systems related to customer Global Command and Control Systems (GCCS Admin)
• Maintains file servers, network access; documents, analyzes and troubleshoots systems anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance (GCCS Admin)
Education Requirements: None
Certification Requirements: DoDD 8570.01-M Baseline Certification (Security+) is required at start for all candidates and MCSA is required within six (6) months of starting.
Experience Requirements: Four (4) years of SA experience