Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
We are actively searching for qualified candidates for this opportunity. We are currently identifying candidates for this effort. This requisition is contingent upon award of contract to Jacobs.
The Storage Administrator performs tier one and two storage support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. Candidates need solid technical skills and experience for maintaining an effective and efficient authentication and data storage system for their organization. Storage Administrators ensure that storage area networks (SANs) and associated technologies provide expected benefits (e.g., storage operations appropriately store information for later retrieval and keep such information appropriately secured). Additionally, the Storage Administrator establishes, updates, and analyzes system authentication protocols. The Storage Administrator also ensures that systems are optimized and waste minimal resources.
Typical duties include:
• Documenting processes, procedures, upgrades and the resolution of problems
• Upgrading software, monitoring performance, and evaluating trends and needs
• Managing, transforming, and providing user access to large datasets
• Installing, configuring, supporting, and maintaining SANs and associated technology
• Administering storage networks, servers and their associated schedules
Education Requirements: None
Certification Requirements: DoDD 8570.01-M Baseline Certification (Security+) is required at start for all candidates and SNIA Certified Storage Engineer (SCSE) or equivalent vendor certification is required within six (6) months of starting.
Experience Requirements: At least four years of experience in storage administration.