Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
We are actively searching for qualified candidates for this opportunity. We are currently identifying candidates for this effort. This requisition is contingent upon award of contract to Jacobs.
Messaging Administrators must be detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving, communication and documentation skills. They should have hands-on experience with the hardware and software components of messaging systems (e.g., Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Outlook, AD, LotusNotes) and handheld devices, as well as a strong understanding of malware protection. Messaging Administrators must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing technology.
Typical duties include:
• Implementing, administering and maintaining electronic mail and groupware systems, including associated servers, operating systems, and backup and recovery programs
• Troubleshooting and fixing system problems and service requests, and providing high-level technical support for unresolved help desk issues
• Formulating and documenting standard procedures for messaging system administration
• Identifying areas for enterprise wide system improvements and upgrades, including trend analysis and capacity planning
• Planning, documenting and testing appropriate messaging-related disaster recovery and
business continuity systems
Education Requirements: None
Certification Requirements: DoDD 8570.01-M Baseline Certification (Security+) is required at start for all candidates and MCSA is required within six(6) of starting.
Experience Requirements: At least four years of experience working with the messaging systems used by the Government.