Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
We are actively searching for qualified candidates for this opportunity. We are currently identifying candidates for this effort. This requisition is contingent upon award of contract to Jacobs.
Information Technology Managers require a technical background, business acumen and people-management skills. Because they direct the work of other employees, candidates require strong interpersonal and communication abilities. Analytical thinking also is very important, as this position often involves problem resolution and process development. In addition, a strong customer service orientation is a must because Information Technology Managers often serve as the final escalation point for high-visibility troubleshooting.
Typical duties include:
• Analyzing workflow, delegating projects, and meeting departmental goals
• Developing and monitoring performance standards
• Providing input on hiring decisions for technical staff
• Implementing and monitoring new projects
• Managing the performance of and delegating projects to team members
• Overseeing the consolidation of IT services
• Executing project management processes and methodologies within project frameworks to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards, and meet customer expectations
• Articulating key critical path activities and understanding the technical requirements, dependencies, and tradeoffs at varying levels of system design (e.g., logical and physical)
Educational Requirements: BS Degree from an accredited college or university in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, a Mathematics-intensive discipline or a major field of study which either provides substantial knowledge useful in managing large, complex projects or is closely related to the work as described and required by the PWS. Candidates with over 10 years of direct IT Management experience with a Bachelor's Degree in other than an IT field of study will also be considered. Candidates may substitute experience for education for this position.
Certification Requirements: DoDD 8570.01-M Baseline Certification (Security+) is required at start for all candidates and MSCE or CCNP is required within six (6) months of starting.
Experience Requirements: At least seven years of demonstrated leadership supporting large IT organizations or 10 years of direct IT experience if Bachelor's Degree is not IT related.