Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
We are actively searching for qualified candidates for this opportunity. We are currently identifying candidates for this effort. This requisition is contingent upon award of contract to Jacobs.
Incident Managers require extensive experience with identifying emerging incidents and ensuring their prompt resolution. Their primary focus is coordinating responses between technical teams during a service disruption in order to address and solve service failures as quickly and effectively as possible. Incident Managers directly work with the subject matter expert (SME) of the malfunctioning system to develop potential solutions. Upon resolution, the Incident Manager works with their team to establish procedures to prevent future incidents.
Typical duties include:
• Setting up IT support systems so end users can utilize systems with minimal issues
• Monitoring the effectiveness of the incident management process and making recommendations for improvement
• Developing and implementing the incident management process
• Analyzing incident trends and recommending corrective actions, as necessary
• Engaging and coordinating technical resources across IT support teams
• Ensuring that the incident management process is followed
• Performing notifications and escalations within prescribed service level agreements (SLAs)
• Ensuring incident reports include adequate notes for later review and analysis
• Ensuring follow-up change tickets are submitted and scheduled as appropriate
• Providing input to problem management teams during root cause investigations
Education Requirements: None
Certification Requirements: ITIL Foundations
• At least two years of experience in IT Operations support
• Four years of hands-on experience in support of two or more of the following technical areas: Windows Servers Systems, Unix Systems, Networking, Storage, Citrix, server virtualization, Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP), Database Administration (DBA) (e.g., Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server), application software support, network and application monitoring.
• Ability to follow procedures under stressful conditions
• Written and Oral Communications Skills