Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
We are actively searching for qualified candidates for this opportunity. We are currently identifying candidates for this effort. This requisition is contingent upon award of contract to Jacobs.
PC Technician candidates need excellent problem-solving and customer service skills, as well as extensive experience with desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity. They must be customer service-oriented and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of computing resources. Selected candidates may be required to provision and maintain mobile devices (NIPR, SIPR and Gray).
Typical duties include:
• Installing, configuring and maintaining desktop and laptop PCs, mobile devices and peripherals, such as printers
• Installing and configuring application and operating system software and upgrades
• Troubleshooting and repairing hardware and network connectivity issues
• Removing old equipment and performing data migration to new machines
• Maintaining an inventory of installed software, managing software licensing, and creating
policies and procedures for upgrades
• Working with hardware and software vendors to verify timely product delivery and
ensuring that new equipment is installed and ready to operate on schedule
• Analyzing and making recommendations for hardware and software standardization
Education Requirements: None
Certification Requirements: DoDD 8570.01-M Baseline Certification (Security+) is required at start for all candidates.
Experience Requirements: At least three years of previous experience working as a PC Technician.