Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
We are actively searching for qualified candidates for this opportunity. We are currently identifying candidates for this effort. This requisition is contingent upon award of contract to Jacobs.
Candidates for the Database Administrator - Tier 2 role need a strong technical foundation in database structure, configuration, installation, operation and maintenance. Candidates must have knowledge and experience in major relational database languages and applications, such as Microsoft Structured Query Language (SQL) Server, Oracle and IBM DB2. Database Administrator -Tier 2 candidates must demonstrate the ability to pay keen attention to detail, possess a strong customer service orientation, and have the ability to work as part of a team. This position will provide database administration (DBA) support services, to include Tier 2 level expertise, as well as the planning, implementation, and monitoring of patching services for physical and virtual solutions.
Typical duties include:
• Monitoring and maintaining databases
• Performing requested changes, updates and modifications to database structure and data
• Ensuring technical modifications do not adversely affect database integrity, stability and system availability
• Implementing solutions for database backup and recovery infrastructure
Education Requirements: None
Certification Requirements: DoDD 8570.01-M Baseline Certification (Security+) is required for all candidates and either MCSE: SQL Server 2012/2014 or Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) 11g or higher or MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Admin is required within six(6) months of starting.
• At least five year of experience in a database administration role performing Tier 2 level support with no less than four years working with databases
• Database modeling and implementation
• User interface development and user experience
• Ability to produce visualization of data for leadership decision-making
• Microsoft Office application skills; Microsoft Access knowledge is preferred
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Microsoft SharePoint database integration experience is desired