Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
We are actively searching for qualified candidates for this opportunity. We are currently identifying candidates for this effort. This requisition is contingent upon award of contract to Jacobs.
Individuals interested in a Network Security Administrator position require a strong technical background, including a working knowledge of network management protocols, networking architecture, authentication practices, and security administration. It is important that candidates keep abreast of industry security trends and developments, as well as applicable government regulations. They also should have excellent troubleshooting and communication skills.
Typical duties include:
• Implementing network security policies and procedures
• Administering and maintaining firewalls
• Managing, monitoring and updating malware prevention systems
• Monitoring security advisory groups to ensure all necessary network security updates, patches and preventive measures are in place
• Preventing and detecting intrusion
• Performing intrusion detection analysis
• Managing web proxy appliances
• Creation and modification of custom SNORT Rules for IDS architecture
Education Requirements: None
Certification Requirements: DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II is required and CompTIA SCA+ or CompTIA Security+ or CCNA Security or GICSP or GSEC or SSCP or RHCSA is required within 6 months of starting.
Experience Requirements: Eight years of intensive and progressive experience in the candidate's field of study and specialization.