About Jacobs Nuclear & PPP:
Jacobs Nuclear is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are identifying our best people to deliver this programme. Sellafield are looking to adopt high value experience from across comparable highly complex regulated sectors and want to transform project delivery across its estate. Working in a fully collaborative environment, there are three core parts of the PPP scope: delivery of major projects, site-wide project delivery improvements and provision of supporting PPP services.
Jacobs Nuclear provide the front-end design and engineering capability and services required to deliver major projects and site wide project delivery improvements. The programme will deliver innovation in solutions and schedule underpinning the decommissioning plan for the site. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to be part of a team driving change and innovation in design and execution of engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you, as a EC&I Engineer to support a key project within the nuclear business. Role Responsibilities
The requirement is for experienced CE&I Engineers to integrate within the CE&I design team, providing support to the workstreams and working under the CE&I Lead Engineer for a particular workstream. The current CE&I team is split between Risley and Westlakes, and the work will involve co-ordination between both locations.
The project is part way through the Preliminary design phase, and the candidates will be expected to provide CE&I support, as directed, to the multi-discipline team. The work will involve the production of CE&I designs in line with project requirements, as well as providing close liaison and support to all other disciplines and the Safety Case team, ensuring that the project as a whole proceeds without delays.Qualifications:Skills/Qualifications
- The ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Can produce and maintain key deliverable documents/reports, calculations, schedules, drawings etc. to programme and appropriate quality.
- Can liaise and coordinate with other design disciplines and plant engineering in the preliminary/detail design process.
- Can support the CE&I design in meetings and reviews.
- Design and installation in accordance with the IET 18th edition (BS7671)
- Is conversant with existing CAE tools (e.g. Auto CAD, CAESAR, PDMS)
- MS Office suite of programmes (Word, Excel etc)
- Amtech Pro design