Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: Civil Engineering, Civil Construction
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Jacobs has an enviable reputation in the Highways UK consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high profile projects with clients that include Highways England (HE), Transport Scotland, Welsh Government, National Contractors and numerous Local Authorities. Our plans to add to this portfolio continue apace regionally and nationally.
Over the coming months, we will have upcoming specialist positions for you to consider. We are specifically looking to speak to professionals who have a background in highway design and delivery. As a Senior or Principal Highways Engineer you will lead a team of engineers and technicians working on a variety of projects.
- Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be responsible for the preparation of feasibility studies, scheme reports, scheme design for highways, drainage, flooding and a variety of other projects.
- You will be responsible for resolving technical issues as they occur for a range of areas across the project and for the monitoring of progress.
- You will be expected to attend progress meetings, public exhibitions and public inquiries.
- Working in other offices may be necessary from time to time dependant on projects.
Wherever you are based, we understand that pursuing a new opportunity is a big decision, so we're not asking for a commitment right now. Instead, why not simply register to start a discussion and see where it goes?
Achieve more with a global brand!
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
- A degree in Civil Engineering.
- IEng/CEng and MICE status or equivalent.
- Proven experience of most aspects of major highway schemes.
- Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of DMRB standards.
- Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
- Good IT skills
- Driving licence
- Experience of construction supervision.
- Knowledge of the financial management and control of projects.
- Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options.
- Able to produce well presented and accurate reports.
- MX/3D Cad proficient, and/or drainage design capabilities (WINDES or equivalent)
We're invested in you and your success. Our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. By supporting one another and through our culture of caring, we all succeed. The biggest questions spark our curious minds. We clear the way for inventive thinking and exploration, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. We redefine what's possible. There's something that drives everyone - and we want you to keep evolving your career, discover unexpected opportunities and ensure you can deliver on tomorrow.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.