About Jacobs Nuclear & PPP:
Jacobs Nuclear is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are looking to recruit high value expertise from across regulated and comparable sectors to work in a collaborative environment. PPP is delivering major projects, site wide improvements and provision of supporting services.
Jacobs Nuclear provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you to support a key project within the nuclear business. Key Responsibilities
- Prepare structural drawings and designs from agreed work scopes with minimum input from engineering personnel
- Achieve safety standards as defined in personal performance contract
- Responsible for assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance
- Maintain required technical quality of work
- Keep up to date with technical developments, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to discipline workscope
- Specialist Designer in 3D Modelling & Detailing of Civil & Structural works
- Appropriate qualifications in Civil/Structural Design e.g. MEng, BEng, BSC, HND, HNC.
- Experience of working on projects delivering civil/structural design solutions, both greenfield and brownfield.
- Understanding of the project delivery all stages of design (concept, front end through to detail manufacture).
- Leading a team of civil/structural design engineers in the definition, implementation and delivery of engineering work packages.
- Experience of designing using British Standards and Seismic Design Codes for reinforced concrete structures
- Experience of being embedded into supply chain integrated teams.
- Experience in integrating CAE design within BIM Modelling and processes
- Knowledge of the Sellafield Ltd Management System (SLMS).
- Experience of civil/structural safety design and interaction with the Regulator.
- Experience of Design Justification
- Experienced designer with sound technical background and strong knowledge of manual and CAD draughting techniques
- Conversant with codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation applicable to draughting function
- Conversant with company quality control assurance requirements applicable to draughting function
- Able to create base design drawings / models from agreed workscope with minimal input from engineering personnel
- Able to provide draughting checking function as directed by lead designer Design Tools:
- Experience of CAD packages, REVIT, Navisworks etc.