Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
Would you like to work on some of the world's most exciting projects?
Jacobs nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors. We are involved in some of the most innovative and impressive projects across the globe, such as ITER - the world's largest fusion experiment. We have offices in Knutsford and Warrington in Cheshire, as well as in Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria and Reading. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised. Our technical excellence and strong customer relationships put us at the forefront of our industry, along with our proven expertise in managing large, complex projects in the UK and overseas. What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, colleagues and customers, collaborating to achieve outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Jacobs is currently recruiting for a Decommissioning Engineering Consultant with experience in engineering of complex nuclear decommissioning projects. Specific experience of radioactive waste retrieval projects is required. The successful candidate will be required to work as part of a Jacobs team supporting our client in identifying engineering solutions for decommissioning of the Fukushima power plant. Although the role is focused on Fukushima, experience gained in UK nuclear decommissioning projects is likely to be highly relevant. The role is likely to require re-location to Japan for between 12 and 24 months.
The successful candidate will be an experienced engineer with a proven capability in developing solutions for complex nuclear decommissioning challenges. Primary expertise will be in the decommissioning of legacy nuclear facilities including technologies appropriate to retrieval of highly radioactive materials. An understanding of regulatory environments is essential. Experience in project preparation, including scope definition, cost estimation, scheduling and risk assessment will be advantageous.
- A competitive reward package.
- Support for temporary re-location to Japan.
- Work life balance - We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
- Family friendly benefits - maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave
- International opportunities.
- For your peace of mind, we offer life insurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and life assurance benefit.
- To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.