Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
CS&A RE - PPP
Jacobs is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are identifying our best people to deliver this programme.
Sellafield are looking to adopt high value experience from across comparable highly complex regulated sectors and want to transform project delivery across its estate. Working in a fully collaborative environment, there are three core parts of the PPP scope: delivery of major projects, site-wide project delivery improvements and provision of supporting PPP services. Jacobs provide the front-end design and engineering capability and services required to deliver major projects and site wide project delivery improvements. The programme will deliver innovation in solutions and schedule underpinning the decommissioning plan for the site.
Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to be part of a team driving change and innovation in design and execution of engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you, as a CS&A Responsible Engineer to support a key project within the nuclear business.
The successful candidate will lead a team of discipline engineers in the delivery of a technical solution that satisfies the legal and functional requirements along with the associated performance conditions to the agreed time, cost and quality.
- Develop and implement strategies for delivery of the discipline-related components of design, including use of the supply chain.
- Deliver a safe, fit-for-purpose, fully integrated and operable design solution that meets product requirements, and includes appropriate validation and verification.
- Manage the production of fit-for-purpose discipline-related design deliverables that define and preserve the design intent and are organised and align with the plant configuration, as appropriate.
- Ensure all discipline-related technical, safety and engineering risks are identified, owned and managed
- Support the PEM in providing engineering design support to work scope definition throughout procurement, construction and commissioning project phases.
- Support development of the hazard management strategies, safety case and associated implementation systems and provide pragmatic design substantiation.
- Coordinate discipline-related input to the derivation of requirements and capabilities for Areas, Systems and Products, along with the associated conditions, constraints and validation.
- Coordinate discipline-related input to product verification planning and evaluation.
- Monitor, review and accurately report progress in terms of time and cost and implement corrective actions and recovery strategies where required.
- Manage personal / team budget and schedule to meet targets.
- Contribute to the production of the quality planning environment e.g. quality strategy, quality plans etc. and ensure design solutions are delivered in accordance with this.
- Identify appropriate design and engineering standards and practices to be used for delivery, including the use of Value Improving Practices, and apply them intelligently.
- Form a functional team of sufficient competent (SQEP) people to deliver the functional design through all stages of the project / task lifecycle. Contribute to resource planning to engage and maintain resources necessary to deliver the specified work programme
- Ensure control, delivery and reporting of fit for purpose, integrated design solutions that meet requirements including site licence, safety, time, cost, quality, environmental and legal.
- Structural analysis and element design in concrete, masonry and steel
- Drafting of technical documentation to a high level of accuracy
- Delivery to client on time, within budget and to a high quality
• Familiarity with Eurocodes, other international codes and the ability to make engineering judgements from first principles with a fundamental understanding of structural behaviour.
• Understanding of the requirements of other engineering disciplines.
• Experience of work in a highly regulated environment.
• Contract awareness.
• Seismic design experience. ACI 349 and ASCE 4.
• Dropped load, fire and impact analysis
• Nuclear industry knowledge
• Flexible location, willing to visit client sites
BSc CEng of Institution of Civil Engineers/Structural Engineers or similar approved