Skills: Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: United Kingdom
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good.
With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is currently recruiting for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join the facilities team and ensure successful operation, servicing, and maintenance of our portfolio of laboratories and workshops at Birchwood Park, Warrington. These facilities deliver a diverse range of testing, machining, fabrication, and services, mostly in support of the nuclear industry and associated markets.
Jacobs is a global leader in the delivery of projects, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets.
Key Responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will have excellent practical electrical skills and will be able to both install new equipment and analyse existing equipment in a logical manner such that faults can be identified and repaired.
The successful candidate will be a good communicator and will have experience working with other disciplines to deliver customer requirements efficiently and effectively.
The ideal candidate will have excellent problem-solving skills and take a positive, proactive, and enthusiastic approach to delivering a high-quality service to our customers.
The role will predominantly be hands-on work within the laboratory however the ability to use computers and IT systems will be paramount.
The role will be a standard working week, Monday to Friday. However, there may be occasional requirements to work outside of these hours with advanced notice.
Due to the nature of the work being undertaken, security clearance will be required prior to commencement of employment.
• Providing a wide range of electrical support serving a range of systems
• Fault finding and repairing existing systems, some of which are historical
• Installation of small power, lighting, sockets ect.
• Carrying out daily maintenance checks and reporting faults as required.
• Running cables and trays
• Ensure all schematics and cable schedules are correct and updated.
• Carrying out electrical testing of plant and PAT testing of company portable appliances
• Carrying out repairs to workshop plant and machinery
• Reactive and preventative maintenance on electrical systems
• Compliance with the 18th Edition IET wiring regulations
• Safety should always be the priority for any tasks undertaken.
Candidates with a variety of levels of experience will be considered and training will be provided as appropriate. If you believe you have the necessary knowledge and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Time served apprenticeship (or equivalent of 4 years' experience) completed in a relevant discipline
• Training and working knowledge of the 18th Edition wiring regulations
• Working experience of electrical engineering is essential, and applicants must have strong practical skills.
• Experience of maintaining and installing equipment in hazardous areas would be an advantage
• The ability to fault find and assess equipment condition.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• A strong commitment to safety
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.