Jacobs is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects.
We are looking to recruit high value expertise from across regulated and comparable sectors to work in a collaborative environment. PPP is delivering major projects, site wide improvements and provision of supporting services.
Jacobs provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world.
We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you, as a Project Engineering Manager to support a key project within the nuclear business.
The role will appeal to individuals who are seeking an opportunity to lead the Engineering and Design of a major UK organisation through a truly transformational period in its history, making it, and the strategic assets for which it is accountable and responsible, fit for our generation, and those of the future.
- Accountable for the delivery performance of design and engineering of projects in complex, highly regulated industry
- Transformation of engineering delivery
- Leading project teams with Jacobs, client and sub-contract organisations
- Management of the delivery of Jacobs Engineering Design Integrity Workflows.
- Developing and implementing the Safety by Design strategy for specific project.
- Developing and implementing the engineering execution strategy, including manhour estimates (e.g. CTRs)
- Delivery of all Engineering & Technical deliverables
- Identification of standards and specifications applicable to the project
- Progressing and reporting
- Engineering coordination across disciplines
- Performing appropriate engineering reviews
- Identifying and requesting appropriate engineering & technical resources (people)
- Approval of all engineering and technical scope changes
- Overall management and coordination of engineering team on the project.
- The identification of changes in the scope of work and ensuring that appropriate change requests are current and adequate.
Experience of major engineering delivery on EPC projects Mobilising/recruiting multi-discipline engineering design teams Producing and implement engineering project execution plans Setting up Engineering project procedures and processes Developing and implementing design assurance plans Producing large engineering design manhour estimates Managing design contractors and interfacing with supply chain Managing cost and schedule performance of large design teams General knowledge of key cross industry regulations and standards e.g. CDM, PED, IEC61511, DSEAR, ASME, API, EN Managing workshare with HVEC other design offices Understanding of leading-edge engineering systems e.g. full Aveva suite Experience of engineering in procurement, construction, commissioning phases Knowledge of export control compliance regulations Broad engineering management experience Multi-discipline approach Sellafield experience may be an advantage Technical Manager competency required as KS sees this as a key skill within the SL Design approval processes