Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Jacobs is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects.
We are looking to recruit high value expertise from across regulated and comparable sectors to work in a collaborative environment. PPP is delivering major projects, site wide improvements and provision of supporting services.
Jacobs provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world.
We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you, as a Principal CS&A Engineer to support a key project within the nuclear business.#
This role will ideally be based out of Birchwood or Westlakes.
Joining the Civil, Structural and Architectural team on projects of varying scales and complexity where they will assist and lead in the delivery of structural designs and analysis/assessment studies in a multi-discipline environment ensuring time, cost and quality are met.
They will address and resolve functional issues within a project through use of their technical capabilities and engineering judgement, applying their skills or generating innovative solutions as appropriate.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Your responsibilities will include:
• Technical quality and excellence of your work and the work of those working under you to ensure engineering delivery meets scope, time, cost and quality
• Drive projects from inception to completion whist reporting strategy, delivery and financial performance of the work under your responsibility
• Advise clients and direct design team members in the production of technical solutions and justification
• Technical and professional guidance, support and development of engineers and technicians
• Responsible for the development and delivery of design documents and solutions
• Chair and facilitate technical and non-technical meetings including progress meetings, workshops and design reviews
• Generate and check engineering estimates and execution strategies to provide optimal solutions
• Independent and autonomous work during the delivery of complex engineering activities
• Be fully conversant with business and quality management systems and actively encourage compliance within team.
• Chartered Member of an appropriate institution (ICE/IStructE)
• Degree qualified in Civil/Structural engineering or demonstrable equivalent underpinning knowledge and understanding
• Ten years or more experience in a civil and structural design role having direct influence over engineering practices and outcomes
• Ability to Lead projects of varying size and complexity, managing technical aspects as well as quality, budget, programme and resources
• Excellent all-round technical design expertise using British and international standards, and/or Eurocodes
• Proficient use and knowledge of appropriate structural analysis programs (preferably STAAD)
• Experience of detailed calculations and design work for reinforced concrete and structural steelwork
• Ability to work effectively as a team member liaising directly with clients and other cross discipline design team members
• Awareness of applicable codes and safety legislation and how they should be applied
• Excellent verbal and written communication, and report writing skills
• Ability to achieve P4 pass holder status and a minimum of SC clearance is essential
Desirable Skills & Experience:
• Nuclear industry experience
• Experience of working at or for Sellafield Ltd would be a distinct advantage
• Experience of design to Eurocodes
• Experience in design with masonry would be advantageous
• Experience of structural dynamics, including designing for seismic, blast and impact load effects
• Knowledge and use of BIM packages
• Understanding of emerging technology so that technical input to projects takes account of new developments
• Additional IT skills would be a distinct advantage