Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Jacobs is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects. We are identifying our best people to deliver this programme.
Sellafield are looking to adopt high value experience from across comparable highly complex regulated sectors and want to transform project delivery across its estate. Working in a fully collaborative environment, there are three core parts of the PPP scope: delivery of major projects, site-wide project delivery improvements and provision of supporting PPP services . Jacobs provide the front-end design and engineering capability and services required to deliver major projects and site wide project delivery improvements. The programme will deliver innovation in solutions and schedule underpinning the decommissioning plan for the site.
Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to be part of a team driving change and innovation in design and execution of engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you, as a Environment Engineer to support a key project within the nuclear business.
Leadership and support relating to project development and general environmental management work; assisting projects to meet legal and company requirements and to drive improved environmental performance. Promoting best environmental practice and improved business management of environmentally related issues.
- Provision of environmental management guidance, support, challenge and working collaboratively with the project team to produce environmental deliverables.
- Identify the scope of environmental deliverables and workstreams, and help incorporate them into an overall project schedule/ programme of work.
- Manage delivery of the environmental work packages required across the project lifecycle.
- Facilitate acquisition of resources to ensure all environmental deliverables are completed to time, quality and cost.
- Provide technical advice to project/ study teams on regulatory compliance and other environmental subjects.
- Lead discussions with Regulators, and potentially other interested external stakeholders on environmental matters.
- Manage environmental assurance within the project/ study, including assurance reviews and delivery of environmental audits, for example, of the construction site(s); with additional themed audits as considered appropriate.
- Act as the single point of contact for the project for compiling internal and external environmental approvals/ consents/ permits.
- Support sitewide/ programme initiatives as required, for example, input into the annual Sellafield Ltd environmental permit reviews.
- Draw on, and share relevant Learning From Experience (LFE).
- Develop and deliver a programme to enhance the environmental culture and the environmental awareness within the project/ study.
- Dependent upon the nature, complexity and stage/ phase, people/ line management may be required.
A Reliable and proactive Suitably Qualified and Experience Personnel (SQEP) with excellent leadership, communication, people management and report writing skills, and with the following attributes:
- Must have previous project environmental leadership experience
- Must have previous regulator engagement experience
- Evidence of working collaboratively within a project team
- Proven ability to produce clear concise written documents
- Ability to work largely unsupervised, but at the same time, willing to seek advice and direction as required
- High preferable to have familiarity with the Sellafield site, especially experience of high-hazard related projects and plants
- Highly preferable to have familiarity with radiological environmental assessment, for example dose impact assessment and environmental concentration calculations, both during normal and fault conditions
- Highly preferable to have familiarity with Environmental Permitting Regulations, including Sellafield's EPR permits
- Preferable to have previous people/line management experience
- Access to a background organisation expert knowledge on environmental topics such as visual impact, ecology, planning application support, construction environmental management etc.
- Graduate (2:1 minimum) in a relevant STEM subject or an equivalent level of qualifications and experience.
- Member of a relevant Professional Body (e.g. IEMA, SRP, IOSH, etc.).
- Several years' EHS experience on an industrial site with experience of a range of hazard types.
- Must complete the relevant aspects of the Safety/Environment Competency Scheme and associated training, in accordance with the requirements of the
- Safety/Environment Advisor Career Pathways and Training Programme Descriptions.