Morecambe, England, United Kingdom
Morecambe, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Electrical Technician, Electrician, Instrumentation Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Morecambe, England, United Kingdom
Would you like to work on some of the world's most exciting projects?
Jacobs' nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors. We are involved in some of the most innovative and impressive projects across the globe, such as ITER - the world's largest fusion experiment.
We have offices in Knutsford and Warrington in Cheshire, as well as in Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria and Reading. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised. Our technical excellence and strong customer relationships put us at the forefront of our industry, along with our proven expertise in managing large, complex projects in the UK and overseas.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, colleagues and customers, collaborating to achieve outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Jacobs is currently recruiting for a Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Technician with experience in the nuclear industry, to be located at our Heysham office. Nuclear Energy provides high added value engineering, technical and safety case support to our customers' nuclear operations. Its focus is on optimising continued safe operation and delivering lifetime extensions.
This vacancy is with existing teams supporting major clients in the civil nuclear power generation industries.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced electrician to join a growing multi-functional engineering team supporting maintenance and project work at Heysham Nuclear Power Stations. The role will initially consist of carrying out routine maintenance and testing on various electrical equipment across plant including HVAC and fire systems with the opportunity to move on to project installation and modification works.
The candidate must enjoy working in a team with experience in working in a highly controlled and safety conscious environment. The ability to work to tight deadlines, demonstrate flexibility and communicate with the customer and management would be highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic awareness of CAD
- Technical Electrical Training
- Safety critical understanding or having worked within a highly structured organisation
- Demonstrates high engineering and health and safety standards
- 18th edition BS7671
- Facilities installations experience with an understanding of the following:
- Schematic diagrams
- General arrangements
- SLD / BCD / P&ID
- Cable schedules
- Building layout / containment drawings
- Earthing diagrams
- Load / cable schedule
- Experience of physical installation of Electrical/C&I systems
- Experience of pulling cables
- Testing and commissioning of control systems (highly beneficial)
- Knowledge of HVAC systems (advantageous) or similar systems
Desirable Skills/Personal Attributes
- Excellent Communicator
- Questioning Attitude
- Desire to make improvements and contribute ideas within team environment
- EDF site experience preferred i.e. Nuclear environment
- HNC Qualification would be advantageous, within electrical/electronic Engineering (or equivalent)