Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: Project Management, Project Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good.
With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Co-ordinate and implement the Canadian Surface Combatant through life Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system, policy and supporting toolset. Assist in the development, deployment and 'policing' of configuration business rules commensurate with each lifecycle phase. Contribute in the co-ordination of product and process measurement, to ensure a fit for purpose solution and service is being delivered to the project team.
Major Tasks and Activities:
• Product Lifecycle Management:
Assist in the overall co-ordination of the Product Lifecycle Management system. Co-ordinate implementation of appropriate business rules and controls for each phase of the product lifecycle and ensure required level of reporting is delivered for PLM stakeholders
• Data Lifecycle Management:
Contribute to the execution of data management for the project through life, interfacing with stakeholders including the IM&T function.
• Through Life Asset Management:
Assist in delivery of an approach to through life asset management, including co-ordination of the process across the various stakeholders and toolsets (e.g. ERP).
• Variant Management and Applicability
Accountable (with the rest of the PLM Team) for the maintenance and ongoing coordination of a Project-wide class management solution and its implementation across applicable enterprise toolsets.
Additional Key Accountabilities:
• Customer liaison with key stakeholders specifically to ensure that the project complies with the relevant audit requirements and can generate the required reports and statistics.
• Major contributor to a strategic view for PLM and configuration management on the project, specifically to; determine an evolution path (e.g. identifying and incorporating IT developments from elsewhere), potential need for/benefit of future upgrades, changes in need of the user community, etc.
• Honours degree in an engineering, scientific discipline or IT or equivalent (2:1 or above preferred).
• Equivalent technical backgrounds will always be considered if adequate competence can be evidenced.
• Strong understanding of complex engineering product development lifecycles (Naval Ships preferred).
• Good understanding of enterprise IT systems and applications used to design, build and support large scale products / programmes
• Good understanding of the data generated for use by large scale programmes and the tools and techniques used to create it.
• Understanding of the role of configuration management in business performance on modern IT-supported product development programmes.
Key Technical Skills:
• Experienced in the analysis/'design' and implementation of PLM Toolsets including (preferred); PTC's Windchill, SENER's FORAN and AVEVA ERM.
• Experienced in Configuration Management theory, discipline and delivery on complex product development programmes.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal, and demonstrates strong persuasive/negotiation skills.
• Awareness of the business considerations of employing PLM software, such as development methodologies.
• Strong understanding of data and information management principles, including an ability to apply them pragmatically.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.