Jacobs is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver ~£7bn of major projects.
We are looking to recruit high value expertise from across regulated and comparable sectors to work in a collaborative environment. PPP is delivering major projects, site wide improvements and provision of supporting services.
Jacobs provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world.
We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you, as a Safety Case Lead to support a key project within the nuclear business.
- Applying Nuclear Safety principles and their role to safety case preparation and production
- Leading the development and delivery of Nuclear Safety Cases and supporting documentation on behalf of our clients.
- Scope would be the safe transfer and storage of SIXEP and SCP filter media
- Safety case development and delivery in Sellafield context
- Competence to deliver a Safety case from inception of a project
- Ability to collect and understand LFE from SIXEP and SCP safety cases and tailor to SWM RF needs
- Competence to manage and deliver Hazops and fault schedules
- Previous experience of material transfer or storage Safety Cases is a benefit
- A sound technical or engineering background with a suitable scientific or engineering degree or demonstrable industrial experience.
- Experience of working in a safety and safety case environment within either the nuclear industry, or a similar highly regulated industry such as petrochemical or rail.
- Demonstrable communication skills with clients both internally and externally.
- Demonstrable ability to write clearly and present complex arguments in a well-structured manner, suitable for a varied audience.
- Knowledge and experience of the application of some of the following techniques would be beneficial: Hazard Identification, Fault Schedule development, Safety Functional Requirements (SFR) derivation, Probabilistic Safety Analysis.
- Demonstrable experience to senior/principal consultant level