Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Process Management, Process Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. Providing a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, and construction - and program - management. Our 77,000+ employees in 400+ locations around the world serve a broad range of companies and organisations including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
During our 125 years in the UK, we have been involved in some of the biggest and most challenging projects, delivering innovative and sustainable solutions to the country's most critical issues, from access to clean air and safe water, civil and national security and safeguarding mobility.
That's because Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company.
Ranked No. 1 by Fortune's 2019 World's Most Admired Companies...
Source - http://fortune.com/worlds-most-admired-companies/list/filtered?industry=Engineering, Construction&sortBy=industry-rank
Business Unit Description:
Delivering safe, innovative approaches to managing high-risk, technically complex projects - from management and operations to innovative clean-up and environmental remediation. Jacobs ATN-I provides a complete suite of services and specialized expertise for an array of facility and infrastructure types that aim to optimise our clients' investments and meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Ensure due diligence is applied in the definition of the brief, scope, business needs and programmes through the establishment of the delivery strategy.
• Ensure the requirements of the Study Brief and Requirements Specification are recorded and form part of the corporate memory.
• Implementing and maintaining effective integrate study execution strategies and plans.
• Implementing and maintaining effective communications and engagement with the team, stakeholders, supporting functions and accountable key role holders.
• Ensure Study outputs and deliverables, including concepts, schemes, technology demonstration work and characterisation work can deliver fit-for-purpose solutions.
• Ensure arrangements are in place for reporting, monitoring performance and to control scope and costs to an agreed baseline.
• Develop, implement and maintain active Risk Managements Plans, Technology and Engineering Development Plans.
• Systematically research, investigate, arrange and examine all necessary data, characterisation activities and establish the facts to make recommendations in defining the output of the study.
• Generate selection criteria, aligned to the business needs, which support assessment and evaluation.
• Ensure applicable strategic business specifications and tolerances are clearly defined, agreed with accountable role holders and are adhered to.
• Assessment and evaluation of technical options, technology readiness and process concept schemes against define criteria.
• Make recommendations and quantifications on options and process concept schemes that allow the Directorate Head of Programme Delivery to make an informed decision on how to proceed.
• Apply tools, systems and processes that drive business improvement initiatives and objectives to challenging assumptions and accepted norms with the intent of delivering optimum, innovative and valued solutions.
• Confirms the business requirements and expected outcomes of the Study Brief have been satisfied and are available to be submitted to the specified review bodies.
• Confirm the outputs and selected options support the Sellafield Ltd Vision, Mission, Strategic Objectives, Priorities and Programmes at all levels.
Qualifications & Experience:
Self-driven, results-oriented and a clear focus on high quality and accuracy. Comfortable in dealing with range of people from Study Team Members to Senior Study Managers. Reliable, tolerant, and determined, an empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. Able to get on with others and be a team-player. A questioning and investigative attitude is desirable.
Qualifications: Relevant Engineering Degree and Chartership.
Specific Experience: Understands the principles of Safety Cases, Nuclear and General Engineering. Previous experience of Sellafield and Technology Readiness Level (TRL) calculation, Technology Readiness Assessment (TRA) and development of Technology and Engineering Development Plan (T&EDP) i.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word.
Literacy: Must be a competent writer of engineering-based reports.
Communication Skills: Must be a good communicator using face-to-face discussion, telephone and email. The ability to listen is essential.
The position is subject to the ability of the candidate to obtain as a minimum baseline personnel security standard clearance. SC is desirable.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours' contracts.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.