J acobs is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is 20-year arrangement to deliver £7bn of major projects. We are identifying our best people to deliver this programme.
Sellafield are looking to adopt high value experience from across comparable highly complex regulated sectors and want to transform project delivery across its estate. Working in a fully collaborative environment, there are three core parts of the PPP scope: delivery of major projects, site-wide project delivery improvements and provision of supporting PPP services .
Jacobs provide the front-end design and engineering capability and services required to deliver major projects and site wide project delivery improvements.The programme will deliver innovation in solutions and schedule underpinning the decommissioning plan for the site.
Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to be part of a team driving change and innovation in design and execution of engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world.
The Lead EC&I Engineer
position offers a unique opportunity to be part of a team which will be directly responsible for change in a highly-regulated industry, which will invest up to £7bn over the next two decades.
This is a full-time role responsible for delivery of discipline engineering scope on a major EPC (typical TIC £500m+). Responsibilities and Duties:
Qualifications: Experience and Qualifications:
- Ensuring design is produced in line with required Regulatory, Customer and Company standards for EHSS&Q.
- Delivery, supervision and verification of EC&I related engineering design deliverables to cost, schedule and quality
- Identification and application of discipline related design standards and specifications applicable to the project
- Overseeing team progressing and reporting
- Interface co-ordination with other engineering disciplines
- Performing appropriate engineering reviews
- Identifying discipline resource needs and supporting in the recruitment process
- Ensuring design change and configuration is effectively managed
- Overall management and coordination of EC&I team on the project
- The identification of changes in the scope of work and ensuring that appropriate change requests are implemented
- Producing and implement engineering project execution plans
- Producing/reviewing engineering estimates and programmes
- Experience of utilising System Engineering Techniques, e.g. verification and validation plans
- Experience of System Engineering Management Tools, e.g. IBM Doors
- Experience with managing discipline design phase reviews
- Managing design contractors and interfacing with supply chain/vendors
- General knowledge of key cross industry regulations and standards including CDM
- Understanding key discipline related engineering software systems
- Experience of engineering in procurement, construction, commissioning phases
- CEng Status will be beneficial
- Experience of working within a decommissioning environment will be beneficial
- Experience of utilising IEC 61508 and 61513 will be beneficial
- Experience of major engineering delivery on EPC projects
- Mobilising/recruiting discipline engineering resources including competency assessment