Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good.
With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is a global leader in the delivery of projects, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets.
Jacobs includes one of the UK's leading Structural Integrity businesses, which undertakes research and consultancy on a range of structural and mechanical issues for nuclear power generators and other industries. The predominant activities of the department are a mixture of consulting, research, technical assessment and testing.
Jacobs is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Coordinator for activities relating to maintaining availability of experimental test rigs in our laboratories at our Birchwood Park laboratory facilities, near Warrington in Cheshire, UK. Our laboratories have a variety of bespoke test rigs, typically used to test metals under loading, high temperature and high pressure, therefore mechanical and pressure systems experience would be highly beneficial.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Responding to breakdowns and other emergent issues impacting on test programmes, acting as the main point of contact driving towards urgent resolution of issues. This will involve working closely with rig operators and the engineering team.
• Coordinating maintenance and inspection activities, including planned and reactive maintenance.
• Procurement of equipment, such as replacement parts, and of suppliers' services, such as for calibrations.
• Coordinating the 'Authority to Modify' process for the test rigs, liaising with technical experts as required.
• Configuration control and maintaining documentation such as drawings and databases.
• Working with planners to coordinate which rigs are allocated to which testing programmes, with timescales.
• Following written procedures and work instructions and maintaining accurate quality assurance records for work performed.
• Completion of tasks to time, cost and quality to meet both internal and external customer requirements.
• Responsible for contributing to the safe operation of test rigs and for adopting safe working practices.
• Responsible decision making taking into account safety and operational aspects.
• To work flexibly as part of a scientific team.
• Effective communication with management, and various teams such as procurement, facilities, engineering and technical disciplines.
The successful candidate will have the following:
• Excellent communication skills.
• A well organised approach to work.
• Dynamic problem-solving ability.
• A can-do attitude with a definite drive and get-up-and-go to ensure the availability of equipment, while working within the balance of demands of safety and availability.
• Experience of coordinating maintenance and inspection of mechanical equipment, including vessels, pipework and associated items.
• Experience of safety principles and controls within a laboratory environment, or similar.
• Experience of working with equipment covered by the Pressure Equipment Safety Regulations.
• A balanced and pragmatic approach and good decision-making skills.
• Possessing practical mechanical knowledge.
• Ability to work under time pressures to meet key deadlines.
• A recognised mechanical apprenticeship or qualification (minimum of HNC or equivalent, higher level preferred).
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.