Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Warrington, United Kingdom
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good.
With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Jacobs nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
We are involved in some of the most innovative and impressive projects across the globe, such as ITER - the world's largest fusion experiment.
We have offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in all of the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, both internationally and in the UK, developing strong relationships with our clients and implementing cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and be committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Jacobs are recruiting for a Principal Process Engineers to join our Engineering Development team, which has recently won several important projects and has a host of exciting new opportunities in nuclear fusion, new reactor development, nuclear decommissioning, operational reactor maintenance and support.
As one of the fastest growing departments in CMS-I, we are regularly involved in delivering a variety of exciting bids and projects within a number of different industries and as such the ideal candidate needs to be someone with a good broad ranging technical background, who is used to taking the lead and has a demonstrable track record of contributing to projects effectively within a highly regulated environment. We are looking for candidates who can encourage and develop others in their team whilst accustomed to taking a hands-on approach.
This role will be based in our Birchwood office in the North West of the UK but there will be a need for periodic visits to client sites, as projects require.
Key Responsibilities include:
The successful candidate will support the delivery of tasks within a project and bid environment. An ideal role for an ambitious person to join a team with a strong focus on development and growth opportunities for capable individuals. Your responsibilities will be supporting various and diverse nuclear clients providing Front End Engineering Design through to full life cycle project requirements including:
• Supporting various and diverse nuclear clients providing Front End Engineering Design including:
o Waste retrieval and treatment
o Decommissioning projects
o Nuclear new build
o POCO and care and maintenance projects
o Nuclear fusion
• Design justification or assessment of new and existing process plants as part of safety reports.
• Technical assessment on behalf of Nuclear regulators
• Regulatory interface on behalf of clients
• Feasibility and Optioneering Studies.
• Hazard Identification Studies.
• Process Design Development.
• Business development through participation in bid work (technical and costing / scheduling)
• Leading teams of multidisciplinary engineers, both internally and combined with partner companies, joint-ventures and client teams.
• Leading the production of process deliverables including:
• Process flow sheets,
• PFDs / P&IDs,
• Datasheets and underpinning calculations
• Basis of Design,
• Process Descriptions etc.
• Development and Mentoring of younger engineers (graduates and early career engineers)
• Development and continuous improvement of the Nuclear Services Process Engineering capability through business development, recruitment, and upkeep of standards
• A minimum of 10 years' experience of working within a highly regulated industry, 5 of which must have been gained within the nuclear industry.
• A minimum of 10 years' experience in a role having direct influence over engineering practice and outcomes.
• Must be a chartered Chemical Engineer
• Demonstrable Experience in a similar role.
• Be able to present information in a variety of forms specifically aimed at a target audience and operate as focal point for technical communications between clients and customers.
• Manage project activities from a technical perspective.
• The ability to lead a team of Engineers and associated cross discipline personnel in the delivery of complex and significantly sized work packages. Able to perform the role of Lead Engineer on large or complex engineering projects.
• Manage project activities from a technical perspective. Familiar with a wide range of technologies and techniques.
• Fellow of IChemE
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.