Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor, Safety Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
We have a wide and growing range of exciting safety case work and you will be joining a team that works in all areas of the nuclear industry. The team takes a special interest in decommissioning and support to Sellafield Ltd, it has supported all UK Generic Design Assessments for new nuclear build, has staff supporting defence work, has involvement in the ITER project, and we can offer experience on the assurance side as well as safety case production: we pride ourselves on the rounded ability of the team.
The successful candidate will be an experienced safety case consultant who can help our customers develop robust safety justifications for their plant and operations. You will have the opportunity to undertake safety assessments or help develop safety cases.
Jacobs is committed to the continuing professional development of our staff. In joining Jacobs, you will be part of a well-motivated, multidisciplinary team with a broad age and experience profile. You will have excellent opportunities to progress by furthering your technical capabilities and broadening into the wider interests of our company
Key Responsibilities include:
• Preparation of safety assessments and supporting references;
• Participation in safety case workshops/seminars;
• Support to client in developing and managing their safety cases
• Analysing problems, discussing and developing solutions with colleagues and customers;
• Engagement with partners, suppliers and customers;
• Checking work of other team members;
• Delivering work to time, cost and quality to ensure customer satisfaction
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Technical ability and are flexible and keen to develop their skills;
- The ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams;
- A good attention to detail;
- A positive, proactive and enthusiastic approach.
- A first degree in an appropriate scientific or engineering discipline (or equivalent through other routes)
- A full, clean UK Driver's License;
- Willingness to spend time working on client sites;
- Membership or a willingness to work towards membership of relevant professional institution.
- Hold or willingness to obtain appropriate security clearance.
- Preparation of technical reports addressing safety issues;
- Understanding of safety requirements for nuclear or other highly regulated high hazard industry;
- Experience or knowledge of safety assessment techniques including hazard identification, fault schedules, fault / event tree analysis, radiological consequence assessment, qualitative / quantitative risk assessment;
- Experience in PSA
- Experience of engineering design and/or substantiation processes in the nuclear or other highly regulated high hazard industry.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.