Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.Position Summary
Jacob's Energy and Power Solutions Group has a rewarding opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer focusing on power generation applications.
- Leading master plan studies, analyses, design, construction oversite and specifically related to electrical systems for power generation applications
- Protective relaying schemes including coordination and development of relay settings for interface with advanced SEL systems
- Supervision of design and production team resources
- Equipment specifications, procuring, and factory acceptance testing electrical equipment including switchgear, high voltage breakers, GIS, transformers, and generation control equipment
- Electrical interconnection to the utility power grid and associated equipment
- System modeling and calculations including lightning protection, grounding, load flow, short-circuit, and arc-flash analyses
- Protective relay setting development, calculation, and coordination studies, including SCADA and SEL RTAC systems
- Development of construction document packages including required specifications and drawings that will be utilized for bidding and construction
- Client interface and communication and coordination with contractors and outside parties
- Training, quality control, engineering design and analysis
- B.S. Electrical Engineering is required
- Professional Registration (P.E.) is required, or ability to obtain within one year
- Minimum 15 years detailed experience in the development and implementation of power process electrical systems required
- Task lead experience including scope and fee development, and project execution while meeting established schedule and budget requirements
- Protection system design
- Design for turbine generator in excess of 10MW and substation design interface including relay protection and interconnection agreements with utility companies
- Ability to direct the production of design packages using 3D AutoCAD, Revit, SmartPlant or equivalent is required
- Industrial power plant electrical systems evaluation and design preferred; related experience in chemical, petroleum and other industrial process plants is acceptable
- System modeling using SKM Power Tools, ETAP, or similar modeling software is preferred
- Some travel required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.