At Jacobs, we'retransforming intangible ideas into innovative solutionsdesigning the future-today.Asan Electrical Engineer in our Boston, MA office you will be joining a team that provides a range of skills as part of an integrated building services design. Our skills include power system planning, power distribution, lighting design, fire and life safety systems, low and medium voltage distribution systems for building and infrastructure facilities.
While working in this role you'll be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously including performing site visits to properly identify project scope or during construction, design and perform calculations for lighting systems and associated controls, prepare load analysis for different stages of design, prepare drawings detailing the system designed, prepare basis of design report for the project, prepare and document Energy compliance calculations and forms, select equipment and fixtures for use in the building and coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
- At least 3 years working for comparable consulting or A/E design firm
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience in Revit and Auto CAD
- Knowledge of NFPA Codes and Standards, i.e.; 70,70E,130,502,101,110, etc.is
- Attitude of taking independent initiative, exhibiting creative problem-solving, eagerness to learn, while remaining dedicated to teamwork
Ideally,You'll Also Have:
- Experience working on pharmaceutical, data center, water treatment plant, renewable energy design, generator systems and medium voltage distribution projects
- Engineer In Training (EIT) Certificate
- SKM and/or eTap Power Tools, Bentley BIM
- Experience in Agi32, Elum Tools, or equivalent lighting design software