Dallas, Texas, United States
Dallas, Texas, United States
Skills: Crew Chief, Surveying
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our team is experiencing exciting growth within our established practice therefore we have a need for a Land Survey Party Chief to assist on several of our projects locally in the North Texas Region along with work sharing opportunities with our adjacencies in Austin, San Antonio, and Houston offices. This position will also support other disciplines within Jacobs at various capacities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be willing to follow instructions and standards set forth through Jacobs land surveying procedures
- Be a team leader for the crew by setting examples and managing instrument personnel
- Be able to prepare and deliver all daily reporting activities electronically
- Able to perform construction staking for various tasks
- Be attentive and willing to learn
- Excellent attention to detail and multitasking capabilities
- Demonstrates organizational and planning skills while working under pressure to meet multiple project deadlines
- Must be willing to travel to out of town at least 50% percent of the time to multiple office and project locations within Texas and Oklahoma.
- At least two years of survey work experience as a party chief required
- Must have topographical surveying experience especially on the civil design level
- Must have knowledge and experience working with various types of boundary surveys, ALTA survey's, and plats
- Experience using Trimble equipment and software products required (TSC3 & TSC7 Survey Data Collectors, DiNi, S6, & S7 Robotic Instruments, SX10 Scanner, R6, R8, and R10 GPS Receivers)
- Ability to operate, adjust, and maintain assigned equipment, i.e. GPS Equipment, levels, conventional survey equipment, and company vehicles as required
- Computer literate in Windows, Microsoft Office Word, Outlook and Excel is required
- Specialized vocational training or degree in Survey Technology is preferred
- Must have valid driver's license