Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc - Coastal Texas Transportation Group is seeking to hire a Senior Transportation Drainage Engineer with 15+ years of experience in the Houston, TX office to support our highway, bridge, and rail projects throughout Texas. Work at this level requires the ability to work in a team, collaborative, and fast paced environment. Qualified candidates should be experienced in or have a desire to be involved in business development activities with support from senior leaders. Typical work assignments may include storm drainage analysis and design, cross drainage hydraulic analysis and design, erosion control, quantity and cost estimates, preparation of technical reports and memorandum, and preparation of construction plans, estimates, and specifications as required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in a team environment with other project engineers on the detailed enclosed storm drainage analysis and design for urban and rural transportation projects.
- Conducts drainage analysis and design per the requirements of the project and various transportation public agencies such as TxDOT.
- Lead the efforts in the preparation of contract drainage drawings, specifications, and estimates.
- Prepares projects specific drainage / hydraulic reports and technical memorandum.
- Provide hydraulic analysis for cross drainage structures and incorporate the results in the design with other disciplines (roadway and bridge).
- Prepares proposals to provide professional services and assists in business development activities
- Serves as a liaison between Transportation Project Manager(s) and other project(s) staff members.
- Supervises the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering is required from a U.S. ABET accredited school or equivalent.
- Master's Degree in Civil Engineering from a U.S. ABET accredited school is preferred but not required.
- Registration as Professional Engineer (PE) in Texas is required or the ability to obtain in six (6) months from the hiring date if licensed in another state.
- 15+ years of experience working on mid- and/or large-scale transportation related projects providing drainage design, hydrologic, and hydraulic analyses.
- Experience in utilizing Microstation, Geopak Drainage, OpenRoads, and SUDA is essential.
- Experience with HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, HY-8 is essential but not required.
- Experience in designing roadway enclosed storm sewer systems is required.
- Experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling for cross drainage structures is highly preferred.
- TxDOT project experience is preferred (other DOT experience is acceptable)
- TxDOT pre-certification is preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and coordinate all drainage design phases of a project with other team disciplines.