Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Pensacola, Florida, United States
Jacobs People & Places Solutions Line of Business is a global network of employees that develops and provides innovative and award-winning solutions to clients in both private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by delivering Programs that transform future development of those communities. We provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering solutions to our clients.
The Jacobs business model leverages our global talent to build integrated, project delivery teams for successfully providing solutions to our clients. We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
We are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our team to provide design, engineering and analysis services for our southeast water/wastewater/water resource clients. The candidate will work on and manage a variety of water, wastewater, and water resources projects and assist with serving our municipal, federal, industrial and other clients. This position will be required to review planning/study documents, preliminary designs, detailed designs, plan reviews, and on-site observations. Each day, this position will be an important team member as they participate in the management of design, coordination, and execution of projects for our clients. This position will need to work independently on a wide-variety of tasks with peers in the Pensacola, FL office and throughout the company. This position should be a self-motivated professional with a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each project in our diverse and fast-paced office.
• Researches, develops, designs, and tests a variety of structures for equipment, products, and systems for municipal water and wastewater purposes
• Conducts condition assessments for existing buildings
• Provides technical guidance and mentors less experienced and remote design and engineering personnel
• Evaluates the desired goal of the process and/or system and selects the required design parameters to accommodate process equipment or system
• Develops complete design solutions from concept to final design including calculations and evaluations in the design of a structure or group of structures for municipal applications
• Confirms seismic, wind, and other local / regional code requirements and accounts for these requirements in a design
• Prepares specifications and operating instructions for structural processes
• Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
• Directs activities to ensure that construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements
• Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the client
• May use computer-assisted engineering and design software such as AutoCAD or Microstation to perform engineering tasks
• Has comprehensive understanding of structural engineering, principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards and their application
• Works with senior discipline experts in offices throughout the Southeastern United States under minimal supervision, work is reviewed for adequacy on completion
• B.S. in Civil or Structural Engineering or related engineering discipline
• At least 10 years of experience as a structural engineer primarily in the water/wastewater/water resources design services
• Licensed PE in Alabama or Florida
• Experience in serving various municipal, federal, industrial, and other clients involving a wide variety of fields including water, wastewater, and water resource for planning, consulting, design and construction services
• Strong data analysis and technical problem solving
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Positive attitude, dependable, and committed to meet all assigned project deadlines.
• Self-motivated, team-oriented, organized, and able to successfully multitask in a fast-paced office
• Master's degree in Structural or Civil Engineering
• AutoCAD 3D, OpenBuildings Designer, Revit, and/or BIM skillsets