Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Boise, Idaho, United States
We challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you're interested in a long and rewarding career working with the #1 globally ranked water treatment engineering firm, and with the industry's best and most innovative engineers, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are looking for a driven and curious client-focused Site Civil Design Engineer in Boise, Idaho, to support our water and wastewater design projects.
As a key member of our Boise team, you'll have the chance to assist in delivering high quality design services to our client. You'll become part of a team that provides project consulting and site planning, design and engineering services to a wide variety of clients. You'll use your knowledge and experience to move project from concept to completing including complete site design using MicroStation and Inroads and other engineering software applications to construction phase services. Project work and responsibilities will include commercial, municipal and government clients entailing all aspects of site development design such as grading, drainage, stormwater management, water/wastewater utilities, roadways, erosion and sedimentation control, as well as technical writing. You will coordinate with other disciplines in a multidisciplinary team, direct the work of CAD technicians, and produce specifications and deliverables. You will be part of a team engaged in delivering some of the most exciting projects.
Join us and we will assist in continuing the development of your skills and exploring all that you can do across our global company, with opportunities to share your knowledge along the way.
Here's What You'll Need:
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
• Minimum of 5 years experience in various aspects of site civil engineering design
• Holds an active professional engineering (PE) license in Oregon, Washington, or California.
• Strong and effective oral and written communication skills
• Capable of working in a team environment, including giving and receiving critical feedback
• Strong technical capabilities in various software applications including but not limited to: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, MicroStation, Inroads, and Adobe Acrobat
Ideally, here's what you'll also have:
• 10-15 years experience in civil engineering
• Civil 3D, Inroads and LEED experience preferred
• Knowledge of advanced civil engineering techniques and ability to interface with other disciplines on project
• Construction management experience and knowledge of surveying principles a plus