Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and?society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we're transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future - today.
We're seeking a Senior Federal Subcontracts Administrator to join our team in Herndon, Virginia. You'll have the opportunity to use your vast experience in the industry and apply it to solving today's challenges.
As part of our team, you'll have the chance to work on projects that bring innovative solutions to our clients' challenges locally and worldwide by providing a range
Jacobs, the ENR 500 leading international architecture and engineering design firm, has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Structural Engineering in its full-service, downtown St. Louis, MO office. The St. Louis Structural Engineering Department is a growing group delivering engineering services across multiple project types and markets. We are looking for a motivated individual, with leadership skills and a passion for getting things done, who wants to be part of setting the direction for this department as we continue to create the next generation of innovative facilities to solve public and private facility requirements. This work shapes our communities by creating world-class projects that transform future development patterns with award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery services. The Jacobs business model provides employees with outstanding growth opportunities which enable innovative global solutions.Position Summary
This position reports to the St. Louis Director of Building Engineering and has leadership and supervisory responsibilities for the Structural Engineering Department. Responsibilities include overseeing the engineering design function to ensure compliance with company standards and guidelines. Through delegation and collaboration, candidate will direct staff engaged in planning, designing, engineering, coordinating, and documenting building projects for clients according to their desires, needs, and financial resources. Duties for this role include:
- Take responsibility for all projects assigned to department
- Manage the department of professional engineers and non-professional engineering support staff, meeting company goals for quality and billability
- Develop fee proposals for new work and track progress of teams on projects
- Develop and monitor project specific execution plans to reconcile scope, budget, and schedule constraints to ensure project success
- Prepare client project presentations, studies, and reports
- Oversee the activities of engineers, designers, and drafters engaged in the design of structural systems to ensure the designs conform to contract obligations for engineering services, recognized codes and standards, and customer requirements for a variety of building types
- Oversee technical production standards for contract documents (building information models, drawings, and specifications) within the discipline
- Develop and monitor staffing plans and work forecasting
- Collaborate with Operations and Project Management to ensure that the department staff is the appropriate size and has the proper experience, training, and qualifications to effectively produce the design for current and upcoming projects
- Attract and retain premiere talent through recruiting, mentoring, training, and other employee development activities
- Collaborate with equivalent level managers concerning projects, operations decisions, and scheduling requirements
- Coordinate with other discipline directors in the organization to provide consistent direction to the staff and to instill a spirit of collaboration throughout the operation
- Provide leadership in developing advanced concepts, techniques, and standards and setting the technical direction for the department's design processes and procedures
- Provide leadership and team building to encourage employee engagement and maintain a high morale
- Manage client expectations and project delivery to scope, schedule, and budget.
- Will need to inspire clients and designers and recognize, articulate, and respond to client's unexpressed requirements
- Drive growth and continuous improvement within Operations
- Support business development and operational sales within practice area
Here's What You'll Need:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Architectural Engineering is required
- Masters degree is preferred
- Minimum of 15 years related experience in comprehensive structural building design as an engineering professional is required
- Registration as a Professional or Structural Engineer with ability to obtain additional state registrations is required
- Federal / Department of Defense project design experience is preferred
- Previous experience in managing staff and workflow with successful experience leading multi-disciplined teams to solutions that enable best practice engineering
- Has in the past demonstrated successful experience recognizing and challenging cherished design and operation traditions
- US citizenship is preferred
- DoD Secret security clearance or ability to obtain DoD Secret security clearance is preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.