If you are ready to bridge the gap between our world and our people, join Jacobs. Let's build for a brighter future together. Jacobs is much more than just a traditional engineering company.
As a vital member of our Milwaukee, Wisconsin transportation team, you'll be a part of a bridge team performing all aspects of bridge design, from conceptual and preliminary design to final design and construction. Working with other members of the team, you'll participate in all aspects of structural design for pre-stressed concrete and steel girder bridges, retaining walls, drainage culverts, and other transportation related structures. You will primarily support senior level engineers and design teams to perform structural analysis and develop calculations, drawings, specifications, cost estimates, reports and technical documents. During your time with us, in addition to local projects, you will have the opportunity to work on regional and national bridge projects including mega projects, complex system interchanges, long span/signature bridges, and design-build projects all while you obtain experiences necessary to define your desired career path and goals.
If you want to join a company invested in you, your success, and the global community - join us as a Structural (Bridge) Engineer.Qualifications:
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- At least 5 years of bridge and transportation structures design experience
- Professional Engineer license (PE) in the state of Wisconsin or ability to obtain PE license in state of Wisconsin via reciprocity
- Knowledge of AASHTO LRFD bridge design code
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Solid understanding of Wisconsin DOT practice, procedures, and standards
- Solid understanding of and practical experience applying the AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications to transportation structures
- Masters in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Experience using CADD/Design software (Microstation/AutoCAD)
- Experience in structural analysis software (SAP2000, Larsa, Midas)
- Experience with LEAP Bridge software (RC-Pier, Conspan)
- Experience with MDX steel bridge design software
- Bridge Design-Build project experience
- Project Management/Task Lead/Bridge Lead experience
- Active professional involvement in local engineering societies
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.