Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Thriving communities. Healthy cities. A brighter future. What we do is more than building roads, we work every day to make the world better for everyone. If you want to join a company invested in you and your success, join us as a Senior Roadway Project Engineer.
Based in Austin, you will have the chance to work on exciting and engaging large-scale infrastructure projects and utilize your transportation design expertise in roadway/highway to serve as a task lead on transportation related projects. You will interpret internal or external business issues and recommend best practices. You will solve complex problems; take a broad perspective to identify different solutions; guide others in solving complex issues in specialized areas based on existing solutions and procedures. You'll work with the best Engineers and Project Managers in the business, as well as gain experience working directly with our clients. We want you to be empowered to deliver the boldest solutions for everyday living.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be assigned Roadway Task Leader/ duties for highway/roadway schematic, planning, and PS&E projects with state, county, and city clients.
• Resolves a variety of complex problems, (i.e. conflicting design requirements, determining and meeting design criteria, difficult coordination requirements,).
• Mentor less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project.
• Be responsible for the quality of engineering work performed, utilization of staff, and reputation of the office for highway/roadway projects.
• Performs other duties assigned by a Project Manager, Group Lead, or Section Lead.
• Strong organization and communication skills.
• Work in a collaborative manner. Serves on a project team.
• Reviews plans, specifications, contract documents, contract schedules, CPM schedules, technical reports, and estimates.
Here's What You'll Need:
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering is required
• Registration as a Professional Engineer is required, Texas PE
• A minimum of 10 years of progressive highway design experience is required
• TxDOT project experience preferred (other DOT is acceptable).
• TxDOT pre-certification is preferred.
• Experience in roadway is preferred. Experience in multiple disciplines a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate all phases of a project
• Experience with MicroStation and OpenRoads is preferred.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.