Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
As a Transportation Project Manager, you will have the chance to pursue, win and work on exciting and engaging infrastructure projects. Working with other members of our team, you will have the opportunity to utilize your experience and expertise to lead transportation-related projects. During your time with us, you will use your technical experience, manage projects and mentor and direct junior staff, as well as, develop specifications, cost estimates, and prepare final bid packages. If you're up for the challenge, we've been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
This role reports directly to the Transportation Manager and serves in a lead technical and project management role for transportation projects. Lead a transportation design team including highway engineers, traffic engineers, and highway design technicians and oversee all aspects of design projects. There is flexibility to which Texas office is right for you. Location options: Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Austin or San Antonio.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the quality of civil engineering work performed, client service, utilization of staff, marketing, reputation of the office, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability for roadway engineering projects.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of transportation projects to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Establishes work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of project and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Directs and coordinates activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Oversees work involving the preparation of roadway and highway planning and design using local (State, County or City) or AASHTO standards at both conceptual and final design levels.
- Initiates and reviews proposals. Participates in interviews and presentations as applicable.
- Maintains positive relationships with current and past clients as assigned.
- Serves as a representative of Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and public hearings/reviews relative to assigned projects.
- Develops, reviews, and obtains confirmation of financial and project delivery schedule activities of design and construction as they relate to all disciplines involved.
- Assures that project team complies with the contract agreement as well as exercises rigid cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering is required
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) is required
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive highway and bridge consultant or public agency design experience is required
- Minimum 5 years of progressive Project Management experience is preferred.
- Experience with Microstation and GEOPAK is required, Experience with Open Roads Designer Preferred
- Experience working in and leading large multi-disciplinary teams required
- Experience working on large DOT projects is a plus
- Candidate with established local client relationships with TxDOT is preferred
- Technical experience preparing feasibility studies, proposals (Project Approach) and reports is preferred
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills is required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.