Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bellevue, Washington, United States
Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Thriving communities. Healthy cities. A brighter future. What we do is more than building roads, we work everyday to make the world better for everyone. If you want to join a company invested in you and your success, join us as a Highway Engineering Professional.
Based in Bellevue, WA, you will have the chance to work on exciting and engaging large-scale and small-scale infrastructure projects and utilize your roadway design expertise to work on transportation related projects. You'll work with the best Engineers and Project Managers in the business, as well as gain experience working directly with our clients. You will solve a range of straightforward problems; analyze possible solutions using standards procedures. You will receive a satisfactory level of guidance and direction performing a range of mainly straightforward assignments. We want you to be empowered to deliver the boldest solutions for everyday living.
Here's What You'll Need:
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering (Transportation Focus)
• At least 4 years of previous professional engineering roadway design and geometrics experience.
• Previous Department of Transportation (DOT), County or Municipal experience
• Engineer in Training (EIT), Professional Engineer's License preferred
Ideally, you'll also have:
• Prior experience on local, state and/or federal projects
• Knowledge of and experience using CADD/Design software (AutoCAD/Civil 3D)
• Experience with roadway design including horizontal and vertical alignments, and developing other roadways components incorporated into a set of construction plans
• Strong mathematical, analytical skills and critical thinking skills