Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities andsociety as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
As global supply and demand for water intensifies, solving the world's most complex water challenges demands different thinking - and that's where we come in.
Become part of our team as a Senior Structural Engineer inColumbus, Ohiowhois excited aboutworking on projects thatenable the heart of our clients' business.Join us and you'll have the chance to work on projects that bring innovative solutions to our municipal clients' water and wastewater challenges locally and worldwide.
This position represents a rare opportunity to be the lead structural engineer for our portfolio of projects in Ohio, Michigan and Indiana. As the lead, you will coordinate designs with and mentor other structural engineers working on the same projects. Jacobs has a wonderful group of talented structural engineers in other locations that you will join and collaborate with to provide consistent high-quality designs. With your solid understanding of all phases of construction document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications, you will prepare technical specifications and documents for bidding and construction and will be our Structural discipline lead reviewer in project meetings. You'll participate in project proposals and will suggest solutions to our clients to problems they didn't even know they had.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-taskingand extreme organizational skills and we'll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you - so we can make big impacts on the world, together.Qualifications:Here is what you'll need:
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Structural Engineering
- Professional Engineer license, (PE) or the ability to obtain reciprocity, in Ohio, Michigan and Indiana
- At least 12years ofexperience in structural engineering design
- Experience designing water retaining structures
- Experience designing water/wastewater structures for municipal or industrial clients
- Experience in conducting assessments and evaluation and repair of existing structures
- Experience providing and receiving Quality Assurance and Quality Control reviews
- Experience in managing and administering structural projects and structural components of non-structural projects
- Experience with Services During Construction
- Experience providing basic cost estimation services
- Experience mentoring and coaching other structural engineers
- Knowledgeable in the local building codes and related IBC, ASCE, ACI and AISC codes, standards and specifications.
- Experience in use of Finite Element Analysis and other structural design software
- Masters of Science Degree in Structural Engineering
- Proof of United States citizenship
- Structural Engineering Registration (SE)
- AutoCAD drafting and 3D/BIM modeling.
- Autodesk REVIT
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideasrelative to buildings, water retaining structures, and construction
- Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.